Worried About The Disappearance of Music CDs From The Market

I don't think one can list digital media on this forum...
You may be right as I haven't seen any CD sale posts in recent past. But, T&C read "Selling of any digital audio, video or software related media is strictly prohibited.". This can be interpreted as Audio/Video files, But I guess CD/DVD/BluRay can be counted as physical media.

But, what finally matters is mods interpretation. Mods may clarify. If allowed members would have access to trusted quality media.

Sir gone are the days when u cannot rip SACD..I know about sites where I can download DSD as well as FLAC files ripped from SACD.

But for that matter even vinyl can be converted into digital format and copied. In its physical form, if CD is original, it should be treated the same as vinyl as physical media. Counterfeit and digital copies are of course a different matter and should not be permitted on forum.

But for that matter even vinyl can be converted into digital format and copied. In its physical form, if CD is original, it should be treated the same as vinyl as physical media. Counterfeit and digital copies are of course a different matter and should not be permitted on forum.
Yes. But what’s the likelihood that someone who wants to listen to a ripped file buys vinyl instead of CD?

When you rip CD, you still hear the same SQ from the FLAC file as from the CD. When you rip a vinyl, the conversion (and reverse conversion during playback) involved degrade the vinyl SQ. While it’s theoretically possible to still do that and put up the vinyl for resale, it wont be a profitable enterprise for anyone unlike ripping CD and reselling it can be. Those who are happy with digital file would buy a CD instead of a vinyl as vinyl costs 5-10 times the corresponding CD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any suggestions for good music shop in Mumbai??? After Rhythm house can't find any good store for audio cds in Mumbai...
Try Revolver but Amazon is still your best friend.
Maybe Oceanic in Pune.

If you have a bluray player, pick the disc’s up.

Cd’s, Dvd, bluray are all Limited time availability items only.

Last edited:
Yes ! Long live CDs , vinyls and physical media !

CDs , as long as they mastered correctly , are way better sounding than any high resolution streaming solution in the market. For those who prefer quality over convenience , physical media is King.

Fb marketplace and olx seem to be flooded with cd sellers selling CD's at rates starting at 500+ shipping. I spent 800 + shipping on a Dil se CD recently

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back