Worried About The Disappearance of Music CDs From The Market

CD are still available but not Locally like before. Moreover the International titles are available but for Indian Titles, its not long that "Only DIGITAL" will be available.

I had chat with one of the Distributor last week and got to know that, None of the companies are really interested to release CD. In Fact the CD's are released just to have a stage for "Audio Release Function" which is actual part film Promotion activity.

The CD \Player\Lable manufacturing companies should start thinking the ways to stop Piracy and encouraging Legal Download.

I Like to share a Brilliant effort\Idea taken by Madan (Leading Tamil Lyricist ) to have a Website,where in the Listener and Song owner and The company who manage the Site will get business out of Track \Music.

https://beta.doopaadoo.com/

Please check this, This Idea would keep the Some Music live for passionate people.

Also people who are into Indian Band also could use this site.

with cdps going out of fashion another issue being raised is how is the current generation of teenagers going to make a mixed tape / cd and woo a girl? one of the most romantic gestures is not going to be an option soon. i see a spike in sales of cadburys

with cdps going out of fashion another issue being raised is how is the current generation of teenagers going to make a mixed tape / cd and woo a girl? one of the most romantic gestures is not going to be an option soon. i see a spike in sales of cadburys

The younger generation has no idea what a mixtape is, but they do share playlists on the likes of Spotify, so there's that way to share the love.

Bluetooth is also a very popular way of sharing music with youngsters.

I used to make lots of mix tapes on cassettes and later on CDs but it never occurred to me that they can be used for wooing a lady;)

Now my "mixtape" is on an SD card, tailored for driving.

The one and only music store in Jayanagar (Bangalore), Calypso shut its doors!! It was a frequent hang out place of mine since 2001.
Just received a message from the owner.

when kids my age would buy clothes and games etc i used to be drooling over acds and save money and buy music cds... miss those beautiful days of getting musically lost in music world, infinity (chennai)etc...

Looks like the revenge of the lp is complete.

This is so true.

My guess: people will eventually get fed up of digital downloads and streaming services and will once again want to hold their music in their hands. So the audio CD will see a revival. How soon? I don't know.

This is a 3 year old thread that was revived; lot of water has flowed under this bridge.
Some touch'n'feel media are on the decline, some other digital media are on the rise.
Adopt whatever is convenient and sounds good to your ears and move along.

Cheers,
Raghu

The other day, I stepped into a Planet-M store, to be told by their manager that they have no fresh stocks of music CDs available, and whatever was on the display was 2-3 years old. They have literally transformed themselves into a gift store. The city where I work (not Hyderabad), which is a State capital, practically has no shops selling music CDs now. Everyone seems to be getting their music collection through illegal MP3 downloads only!
Yes its true .... Also to accept the fact that CD players also become out of fashion now .
People prefer compact players with mp3 playback.
Mobiles also being major part here + which is more convenience of playing music with mp3.

But We cannot beat the playback of music from CDs with original raw content though itunes bring the closer quality to raw format.
With Digitizing its not a question of disappearing CDs & CD players in the market.

Only with certain people preferences ..like me or you ,who want to buy CDs , we cannot stop disappearance of CDs in india.

Piracy also big problem in india to cope up this market , CDs are bound to be easily duplicated .
Where as in US , you can still get music in CDs and old tape formats as well, where you can get in rental as well.

Yes CDs seem to be disappearing. However there are still a few distributors in India (that I'm aware of) that sell music (CDs/LPs).

Mahatobar Distribution in Bangalore. It's located in Utility Building at M.G. road. This store owner is the vocalist of India's first (arguably) metal band, Dying Embrace. He stocks a lot of Sony and Warner CDs/LPs (Led Zeppelin, Gn'R, Van Halen, Kiss, Rush, The Doors, Opeth, Dream Theater, Metallica, etc.) and then tons of underground music!

Another distribution is based in Gurgaon/NCR. It's called Metal Masala. They don't have a physical store as of now, but they do have a website (Metal Masala | India's Online Metal Store). They basically stock CDs/LPs/merchandise from various popular underground record labels (Nuclear Blast, Century Media..which is owned by Sony Music now, Prophecy Records, Seasons of Mist, Dark Descent Records, etc.)

Of course Calypso in Jayanagar (Bangalore) is still around, but they've changed the location of their store. It's a much smaller place now..and a lot more inconspicuous. I wish they don't go the same way as Music World, Reliance Timeout, Landmark etc.
Hi Saket...Hows the vinyl packaging with Metal Masala?

used to buy tamil cd's in mumbai .regularly ......then had to get it from chennai ....and now ......most of the indian companies dont come out with CD's .....so getting Ramiy CD's which come from SWISS .....its anybody's guess ...how long before they also decide to shut shop

In Hindi ...except for T-series no other company is releasing new CD's ......Sony & Saregama is old unsold stock ...

When companies have stopped mfg .....what will shops sell ?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back