Worst gear you ever owned

Vijay_s

Thought of starting a thread that help new comers on gears to avoid.
From my experience in forum many suggested me to buy PSB +NAD combination when I want o upgrade from Norge-1000+Wharfadale 9.1.

I simply followed the suggestion from senior members and bought the same after a brief audition.

But this was the worst combination i ever owned.
PSB spakers are amazing when you pair it with any of the normal AMPs, but with NAD it is a total screw up.

So conclusion is worst gear I ever owned is NAD 326BEE

I simply followed the suggestion from senior members and bought the same after a brief audition. But this was the worst combination i ever owned.

Moral of the story: Follow your own ears and what they say, and not that of senior members. You will be more happy.

I like the NAD amps in general paired with Wharfedale speakers which a lot of members here don't like. I have heard PSB floorstanders with NAD too and liked the lower end response. In my opinion Wharfedale brings out a very balanced sound from NADs and PSB gives a very exciting touch to the music.

A lot depends on the room, placement and also on the other equipment being used.

The worst equipment I have owned is Sanyo world space receiver which quit its business in India and I am left with a box which I can neither use nor sell. It doesn't even have FM.
In terms of sound quality the worst I had was a Garrard direct drive turntable with a ceramic cartridge.

Nad C 375 BEE integrated amp

NAD C 545BEE CD Player

I bought a new pair for 110K. Sold them after a month for 85K.

Back