X1 vs X1 extreme vs X1 ultimate vs XR TV processor

Donivlapog

Let's discuss about these Sony processors in this thread.

X1 ultimate is highly hyped by salesmen and industry pundits. Frankly speaking X1 extreme is enough for non 8k lineup TVs. Remember X1 extreme did a competent job wrt Sony A8G and compared to A8H or A9G there is no big difference in functional aspects. Disclaimer: Above is just my opinion.

We are always moving forward with our technologies. Processors for TV, Audio and other electronics are also no exception. Every year SONY introduce a new processor creating a hype saying " Never before picture processing, motion handling, up-scaling capabilities, audio quality (Now a days, we can even get Dolby Atmos through a Television set only). These are just marketing strategy for an introduction to the new product line up. Yes, there is definite improvement of everything they promise, but question is "How much". XR processor is 5% better performing than X1 Ultimate, then X1 Extreme and so as the rest. Obviously the cost of premium taken from us, goes to their research and development.
It's us, the end users who always demand for the best, all the time. It's their answer to our greedy needs. Suppose if anyone purchased a Top of the line TV in 2016, can still be happy using that particular set. But to cope up with the current trend, he/she have to have a 2021 TV with fancy specifications.
Last to last year TVs with X1 processor is still good enough for normal users for another 3-4 years(if not more). For an example - A 65 inch X950G(2019) with X1 ultimate processor is under 1.5 lakhs, here in Indian market. What I feel if you can get a 2 years old flagship world wide TV in reasonable price, it's worth the purchase. Why should we bother about what Sony is offering in 2021 in twice the price. Or if Money is itching to get out of your wallet for that 5% more performance, then definitely go and have it.
Usually majority of us purchase TV, expecting a good 10 years of satisfactory lifespan... right??
Disclaimer: Above is just my opinion. ;)

+1 agreed. So a Sony A8G with X1 extreme processor at 2.08 lakhs online price is good enough. A near 55 k difference in A8H or A9G just for X1 ultimate is avoidable right?

+1 agreed. So a Sony A8G with X1 extreme processor at 2.08 lakhs online price is good enough. A near 55 k difference in A8H or A9G just for X1 ultimate is avoidable right?
I bought sony A8g for 1.25 whereas A8H was 1.9 I feel it's worth the buy as we don't appreciate much difference in picture quality.its not worth spending another 60k more

In A8G they say the image processing is frame by frame while in A8H it is object to object. So ultimate is object based and extreme is frame based. So that's where the cookie cracks!

My question is "Are we all going to sit and compare a 'X1 extreme' processing with the 'X1 Ultimate' processing, while watching at our home..??" Most of us will probably just enjoy a good movie or some amusing content on TV with family and friends on a regular day...where we wouldn't really care how delightful the viewing is. The real craze is for a first few days of purchase only. Differentiating an object to object/ frame by frame processing is a thing for the professional reviewers and critics. They earn their money doing that comparison.
Both the above mentioned processors are industry best as sony is a master of that. Just pick a X900H, X950G, A8G, A8H, A9G or whatever you like, you will not regret your selection. What matters is a bang for buck deal. Unnecessary spending too much for a few percent improvement isn't acceptable to me at all, unless you can go any further for the current best product.

I purchased a Sony X75H 55" TV about two and a half years ago, and I must say that this is the best TV I have ever watched in my entire life. The picture, the contrast, sharpness, and sound from this Sony, is the best that I have ever seen, or heard.! The Sony X1 processor is really in a class by it self.! You must buy these Sony tv , with the X1 processor!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back