Xiaomi Hybrid IEMs available today from mi.com

AVcrazy

The Xiaomi Hybrid IEMs are now available from mi.com.
They have been priced at 1399, slightly higher than what it is available for globally.
I've purchased a unit myself. Will post listening impressions once I get my mits on em! :D

I don't have the 999 ones. But I'll try to find someone who does and compare.
I was initially going to buy the ATH-IM70 but didn't coz I'm using the moolah to go for an amp upgrade soon.

I have the 999 one - Piston 3 which replaced my 5000 rupee bose one that i lost. Compared to other well known headphones particularly over the ear ones which start paining after an hour of use - these headphones = both the piston 3 and the Bose are extremely ear friendly. I am no audiophile but when you compare these with my seinheiser over the ear one - much much better...even the internet reviews of the piston 3 are extremely good. I listen to everything from indian classical to western classical I get a nice neutral flat sound..not bass heavy at all plus you get very good clarity..can hear all the instruments well..sound not muffled or muddled.

I did search for review of the 1399 one and couple of them were lukewarm..one of them giving it 6/10

Last edited:
I have the piston 2s which are quite good ; dont have piston 3 but heard that they are even better.
Hybrids ones are supposed to be slightly better than piston 3 and probably very good value compared to other established brands. Ordered one from the site .. while they had stock that is. Will post review once I receive them.

In terms of fidelity piston 2 was better than 3. However, that upper mids spike on the piston 2 was really a dealbreaker. Piston 3 has an even FR compared to 2 but sounds much less cleaner.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back