Xiaomi OLED Vision for 83k or Sony X85J?

Alphaforest

Hello,

I would like to know which TV is better in terms of picture quality and longevity. I do not game on my TV so I don't really care about gaming performance. I am more concerned about a great HDR experience. Also, Should I look else where like VU mmasterpiece? I am not sure about their customer service. Customer service is very important to me.

I am not going to draw any comparisons here as the product is too new and untested over a period of time. Your guess will be as good as mine or anybody else as too how long it will last. It takes time to understand the qualities of a TV. Taking it out box and going wow over the picture during that initial 30 minutes isn't telling you the entire story.

Sony, as brand, need no introduction. Time tested, proven products over several years. When Sony decides to do a really good TV, they go all out. If you're after a top notch HDR experience, between these two, its the Sony for me, eyes closed. You are well covered for after sales too.

If you want to go camp China, I'd put my money on TCL over anyone else. I don't think they do oled, yet. The few qled's on sale are quite good and worth looking it. Not exactly cheap though.

Another worthy HDR alternative is Panasonic's JZ series. Panels from LG and top notch execution by Panasonic. Most don't even consider the brand. I am sold on Panasonic's after some time spent with their older HZ2000. Absolutely stunning picture and motion handling.

I am not going to draw any comparisons here as the product is too new and untested over a period of time. Your guess will be as good as mine or anybody else as too how long it will last. It takes time to understand the qualities of a TV. Taking it out box and going wow over the picture during that initial 30 minutes isn't telling you the entire story.

Sony, as brand, need no introduction. Time tested, proven products over several years. When Sony decides to do a really good TV, they go all out. If you're after a top notch HDR experience, between these two, its the Sony for me, eyes closed. You are well covered for after sales too.

If you want to go camp China, I'd put my money on TCL over anyone else. I don't think they do oled, yet. The few qled's on sale are quite good and worth looking it. Not exactly cheap though.

Another worthy HDR alternative is Panasonic's JZ series. Panels from LG and top notch execution by Panasonic. Most don't even consider the brand. I am sold on Panasonic's after some time spent with their older HZ2000. Absolutely stunning picture and motion handling.
Thanks a lot for your response. I forgot to mention in the thread that my max budget is 80k and Sony X85J was available for 81k till yesterday morning. However, it's sold out now. I guess I waited too long. None of the good TCL models fit in my budget sadly. The only Sony option available was X80AJ which I wasn't keen to purchase due to poor brightness levels.

I had finalized Samsung the frame and VU Masterpiece Glo 55inch Models. Samsung was available for 73k on Flipkart and VU for the same price on Amazon. I ended up buying VU Masterpiece due to its better peak brightness and it has good brightness even on a sustained 100% window. Around 600 nits as per one of the reviewers who tested it with a lux meter. I know it's not accurate but I hope it'll be good enough. Longevity again I am not sure of, Samsung might have been better but I thought if VU survives me for 3-4 years then I'm gold. Hopefully, it turns out that way. And if I have made a mistake by purchasing VU kindly let me know. There is an option to cancel the order always XD
Thanks a lot again, appreciate the help :)

I have a very bright room where the Tv is going to be installed therefore it defeats my purpose. Plus I don't think my family can take as good care of an OLED

Since OLED wont work for you - this Hisense 55inch with FALD is your best bet. You'll save a lot of money also. Maybe you can even go for the 65 inch - that fits within your budget

Since OLED wont work for you - this Hisense 55inch with FALD is your best bet. You'll save a lot of money also. Maybe you can even go for the 65 inch - that fits within your budget
Yes, 65 inches definitely fits my budget. How's the customer service and QC?

Well, its Made in India so can't be all that bad.
Let us know how the TV stacks up once you get it and use it for a bit.
Thanks, that's an excellent idea. I hope it fares through nicely and if possible I'll start a thread and update my experience with the TV throughout the journey. Maybe it'll help build some confidence in people about the brand and its reliability.

Where dude? :eek::eek::eek: I was quoted 80k!!!!!!
LG A series is an online only model. On Flipkart the model is quoted at 80k but during sales there are cashback offers for 15-20k and there's some discount.

The price above was from the Independence Day sale. Wait till BBD and you'll get your 60k price.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back