Xtreamer Pro or PlayonHD?

soulforged

Just when I had all but decided on going for AC Ryan PlayonHD, along comes Xtreamer Pro and confuses me all over again :(

Feature for feature, the both seem to be similar with the big exceptions being 2 x 3.5 HDD in Xtreamer and S/PDIF coax in POHD. Not sure how big a difference would the chipset model make.

Added to this is the heating issue with 2 internal disks and the well-known fan noise issue.

which one should I go for???

...or should I dump both of these and go for a sigma based player like Egreat? Budget is a constraint so options like PCH C200, Tvix 6500 or Dune 3.0 are not viable.

:cheers:

Edit: I feel that I am leaning a bit towards POHD with YAMJ but feel free to talk me out of it :D

Yuixx has been 'on the way' for quite some time. Not sure when it will finally be here...

True. Right now, their website states end of February or early March. I am just excited by its chipset. Being from Intel, it should not have licensing issues with Dolby TrueHD etc.

i have been using HTPC for a long time and used to have Optical out from the HTPC to my AVR

What i have observed is that optical sounds more plane , clear and looks to be ideal for Audio .

For Video , to create the aumbience of the Home Theatre u need the punch . This punch i have missed in Optical , correct me if i am wrong , I felt this was better in a Coaxial out .

For many of us who use AVR which do not have HDMIs Coax is the only alternative . I do have a HDMI in my amp , unfortunately does not do HDMI audio in , but just does HDMI pass through . If i were in ur position , would have gone for Coax .

Now i own a Play on HD and have connected the Coax to the AVR . I am happy with the performace. End of the day DTS HD MA and all HD content will only play on HDMI and not on Coax .

For the same i have to change my Amp which can recieve a DTS HD MA . How i wish Ac Ryan can sort out the DTS HD thing on priority

guys last few hours for me to decide...should i pull the trigger for Xtreamer pro?

Go for Xtreamer Pro. I have POHD with a 1.5TB hard disk and it's already full. This is within one month of owning it. You would definitely need more storage than that. That's where 2x3.5" slots would come in handy.

Even with 2 X 3.5 Inch hard disk drive of say 2TB each will not be enough .

long run look @ NAS drive capabilities to store . I am not such a big fan to have everything in the box .

Has anybody bought xtreamer pro? do they deliver/sell them in India ?can anybody tell how its bought online...i've never bought anything online b4 in my life !

playon hd,i noticed that they r supplied in India by some aqtronics based in bangalore,anybody else in kerala..or chennai distribution ?

i desperatly need a hd media player...i just need to know how & where..thts the only thing keeping me away frm holding a hd player in my hands !!!!!

wat abt customs duty?
at xtreamer site..its price was 149 euros + 25 euros shipping= approx rs 10,092.
dont u have to pay some amt customs duty for a purchase above rs10,000?
or thts not the way it goes?
plz giude me

Has anybody bought xtreamer pro? do they deliver/sell them in India ?can anybody tell how its bought online...i've never bought anything online b4 in my life !

playon hd,i noticed that they r supplied in India by some aqtronics based in bangalore,anybody else in kerala..or chennai distribution ?

i desperatly need a hd media player...i just need to know how & where..thts the only thing keeping me away frm holding a hd player in my hands !!!!!

wat abt customs duty?
at xtreamer site..its price was 149 euros + 25 euros shipping= approx rs 10,092.
dont u have to pay some amt customs duty for a purchase above rs10,000?
or thts not the way it goes?
plz giude me

Xtreamer Pro shipping has not commenced yet. But yes, you can get it in India. Contact Xtreamer India, they are Delhi based and will ship to your location. Xtreamer India is also a member of this forum.

Xtreamer India

Xtreamer Pro shipping has not commenced yet. But yes, you can get it in India. Contact Xtreamer India, they are Delhi based and will ship to your location. Xtreamer India is also a member of this forum.

Xtreamer India

Don't think so Xtreamer India will take the order at this point of time. Pre-Order offer is closed for now from their side. You might have to wait for some months to start them selling at regular price through india website.

If they sell, I buy now!!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back