Xtreamer Sidewinder Gen2

mathan

How good is the xtreamer sidewinder gen 2? There is a lot of negative reviews on Amazon on it's GUI and also it seems that it freezes often. Comparatively is the new generation of WDTV Live much better than xtreamer on GUI and playing all video and audio formats?

I found Raspberry Pi with RaspBMC works better than Xtreamer. I have both of them. Only con with Raspberry Pi is that you have to organize lot of USB, power, mouse, KB and HDD cables.

i have both xtreamer and wdtv

xtreamer is far superior in terms of picture and sound quality, and its faster in operation as well.
-ves are it has basic pre-historic UI - atleast in version 2. New ones are better

But i love it and use it more than WDTV, WDTV is slow and picture quality is not as good as xtreamer.

will anytime buy xtreamer compared to WDTV

Product wise Xtreamer is way better than wd. Have both so going by experience. PQ wise xtreamer is superior, sound wise both are OK.
AC Ryan, a lot of people rave abt it online.??

Also xtreamer after sales service is almost non existent.

@rajudhs & @edge111hussain - How do you say that the xtreamer video quality is superior compared to WD ? If you use an HDMI connection, any Media player would just output the signal to TV...The same applies to Audio as well....

elangoas, its not true

- As Media Players does not output pure digital stream from MKV file to TV/Projector
- they decode it and then send the decoded/converted image data to TV/Pojector
- so the video quality depends on what video chip is used and other Hardware components and the software they have written/used.

For example, take a Onida Bluray Player and Panasonic Bluray player, play the same bluray and you will see quality difference.
also the quality is more apparent in bigger TV and Projector than on a 32/42 inch smaller ones.

By the way, if you see my signature, i have both WDTV and extreamer.

I was originally unhappy with xtreamer version 1, plain vanilla GUI and barebones look and feel, so purchased WDTV Live.

Now i use xtreamer with my projector and WDTV with my TV setup. I even retained my xtreamer without selling it.

Where can i buy xtreamer in Delhi.

My Asus o play mini got busted after 2 years and now i am looking for another media player.

Which media player is best in terms of reliability and after sale service.

Does asus high end media players a good option to buy.

Last edited:
great,i love it and use it more than WDTV, WDTV is slow and picture quality is not as good as xtreamer.thanks
nqpSam

i have xtreamer sidewinder 4 , absolutely unused for sale. i wanted popcorn hour or mede8er but my brother gifted me this. anybody who's interested can contact me at 9818195508. a delhi ncr buyer would be preffered but i'll ship anywhere else also.

i have xtreamer sidewinder 4 , absolutely unused for sale. i wanted popcorn hour or mede8er but my brother gifted me this. anybody who's interested can contact me at 9818195508. a delhi ncr buyer would be preffered but i'll ship anywhere else also.

what price you looking for this?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back