Yamaha 3072 HTiB purchase dilemma

Ayush1189

Hi All,

I am a new member on this forum. I am planning to buy a home theatre (50-50 Music and Movies requirement). Through OLX I found a seller selling yamaha 3072 HTiB.. His asking price js 32k a piece but without bill. My budget for a good music system is 30k. Need help to decide if I should i go with it or not? Wthout bill is an issueI. Isthis worth deal or should i let it go. Also need your help to assess if 3072 is good all round HTiB for both music and movies. This is going to be my biggest investment in audio gears hence need suggestions. Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

My advice is to avoid places like OLX to purchase any electronics goods.
**Without knowing anything about the previous owner and the condition of the items.

OLX is also full of con artists looking for gullible buyers.
If the price is low then you have to be even more careful.
The scams work by first asking you to make a part payment or full transfer.
After that you really have no way of knowing what you are going to get or if you get anything at all.

I suggest you take your time for this purchase especially this is an expensive buy for you.

Regards

Through OLX I found a seller selling yamaha 3072 HTiB.. His asking price js 32k a piece but without bill. My budget for a good music system is 30k. Need help to decide if I should i go with it or not? Wthout bill is an issueI. Isthis worth deal or should i let it go.

Depends on your risk taking ability.. If you can drop in personally to the sellers place, have a look at the package.. If it is a brand new box and in good condition, and if you are satisfied, then decide if you should pick it or not..

This is going to be my biggest investment in audio gears hence need suggestions. My budget for a good music system is 30k.

Slightly more than your budget, but consider it an alternate route..

An used AVR from the forum classifieds for 10 ~ 15K max + a 5.0 speaker package from Taga TAV 506 (24K) on amazon.in would be your best buy for money and offer better performance than Yamaha HTIB.. You can add a subwoofer later to complete a very good 5.1 system for your money..

Hi All,

I am a new member on this forum. I am planning to buy a home theatre (50-50 Music and Movies requirement). Through OLX I found a seller selling yamaha 3072 HTiB.. His asking price js 32k a piece but without bill. My budget for a good music system is 30k. Need help to decide if I should i go with it or not? Wthout bill is an issueI. Isthis worth deal or should i let it go. Also need your help to assess if 3072 is good all round HTiB for both music and movies. This is going to be my biggest investment in audio gears hence need suggestions. Thanks

I would suggest you to busy it from Yamaha dealer in your city with Bill and warranty as this is a big investment. You will have peace of mind and Yamaha has good after sales service network across india. Please also note that Yamaha india do not give any support for grey market purchases.

3072 is a good HTIB. May be in the future you can upgrade the front speakers to have better music performance.

Depends on your risk taking ability.. If you can drop in personally to the sellers place, have a look at the package.. If it is a brand new box and in good condition, and if you are satisfied, then decide if you should pick it or not..

An used AVR from the forum classifieds for 10 ~ 15K max + a 5.0 speaker package from Taga TAV 506 (24K) on amazon.in would be your best buy for money and offer better performance than Yamaha HTIB.. You can add a subwoofer later to complete a very good 5.1 system for your money..
Can you please help suggest an AVR in this range and will be

Can you please suggest a good AVR model ..I am totally new to this ...or if you can refer me to any article which can help to finalize the AVR ..Thank you

Hi All,

Hi

Welcome to the forum!

There are a mix of sellers in OLX....some are legitimate and some are dealers and some are resellers and unfortunately over the last few years....a few conmen! I have been selling successfully over OLX for almost a decade now and came across various kinds of buyers etc....my deals were always face to face etc.

There are many dealers in Mumbai and also many online dealers too....OLX guides users with useful tips which we have seen also advised by many on the forum....

This is one dealer who is legitimate and a couple of my friends purchased from him....products are in and no issues till date......you can try if you want to,...i am not related to this dealer

Always do face to face deals......if the price is too low could be possibly grey market products or refurbished products which are being sold without warranty...almost like buying pre owned where warranty is over or not available.....

All the best

Can you please help suggest an AVR in this range and will be

Can you please suggest a good AVR model ..I am totally new to this ...or if you can refer me to any article which can help to finalize the AVR ..Thank you

Relax.. No worries.. Have you decided if you want to buy brand new HTIB (or) used AVR from forum classifieds and build your HT set-up?..

I am planning to visit the OLX person on Saturday and check for the 3702 HTiB. The retail price for htr 3072 itself is around 27k so if I get a deal for new HTiB for 30k I think that should be ok...if I feel skeptical about the quality of HTiB 3072 and it doesn't work out then will go through the HT build...I will keep you posted on how my visit goes...and thank you very much for the advice and help :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back