Yamaha 863@35k or 1065@50k (us models)

rockstar1630

Sound quality is a preference.

One more concern: Can I use 7 satellites that came with Creative Gigaworks S750 speaker system with these receivers?. The satellites are rated at 70w each and are of (apparently-not sure of) 8 ohms.
the efficiency of these is rated at 86db. Would it do any harm to the avr?

Detailed Specifications:
SPEAKER TYPE MAIN/CENTER/SURROUND
ENCLOSURE TYPE ACOUSTIC SUSPENSION
CABINET FINISH MIDNIGHT BLACK
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 100Hz - 22kHz
MIN/MAX POWER 10 WATTS / 120 WATTS
CONTINUOUS POWER 70 WATTS AT .1% THD
SENSITIVITY 86dB
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 OHMS
MAGNETICALLY SHIELDED YES
TWEETER SIZE 20 MM (3/4")
TWEETER TYPE DOME
TWEETER FERROFLUID COOLING YES
TWEETER MATERIAL ANODIZED ALUMINUM
MID-RANGE SIZE 3-1/2"
MID-RANGE TYPE N/A
MID-RANGE MATERIAL N/A
WOOFER SIZE 3 1/2"
WOOFER TYPE CONE
WOOFER MATERIAL INJECTION MOLDED COPOLYMER CONE
CONNECTORS GOLD PLATED SPRING CLIP
MOUNTING BRACKETS WALL ANCHORS/SCRWS INCL
SPEAKER DIMENSIONS 6 1/2"H X 4 5/8"W X 4 3/4"D
WEIGHT 4 1/2 LBS

Sound quality is a preference.

One more concern: Can I use 7 satellites that came with Creative Gigaworks S750 speaker system with these receivers?. The satellites are rated at 70w each and are of (apparently-not sure of) 8 ohms.
the efficiency of these is rated at 86db. Would it do any harm to the avr?

Detailed Specifications:
SPEAKER TYPE MAIN/CENTER/SURROUND
ENCLOSURE TYPE ACOUSTIC SUSPENSION
CABINET FINISH MIDNIGHT BLACK
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 100Hz - 22kHz
MIN/MAX POWER 10 WATTS / 120 WATTS
SENSITIVITY 86dB
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 OHMS
MAGNETICALLY SHIELDED YES
TWEETER SIZE 20 MM (3/4")
TWEETER TYPE DOME
TWEETER FERROFLUID COOLING YES
TWEETER MATERIAL ANODIZED ALUMINUM
MID-RANGE SIZE 3-1/2"
MID-RANGE TYPE N/A
MID-RANGE MATERIAL N/A
WOOFER SIZE 3 1/2"
WOOFER TYPE CONE
WOOFER MATERIAL INJECTION MOLDED COPOLYMER CONE
CONNECTORS GOLD PLATED SPRING CLIP
MOUNTING BRACKETS WALL ANCHORS/SCRWS INCL
SPEAKER DIMENSIONS 6 1/2"H X 4 5/8"W X 4 3/4"D
WEIGHT 4 1/2 LBS

Considering the price difference, you must go for RX-V863,its an award winner for sound quality, and has 3 HDMI in's,upscaling Upto 1080p.Don't worry about speakers
These specs "MIN/MAX POWER 10 WATTS / 120 WATTS
SENSITIVITY 86dB
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 OHMS" are good enough. Just dont push the volume too high while watching movies/listening to music (In any case you will get to know when your speakers go into distortion when u increase volume, just keep the volume just below that level.There is also a setting in the AVR where u can set the "max volume level" of the Amplifiere/AVR, set it to desired level, and be tension free).

What's the size of your room? you might feel your system under powered in a big room, and you might need to increase the volume.

regards :)

Last edited:
Considering the price difference, you must go for RX-V863,its an award winner for sound quality, and has 3 HDMI in's,upscaling Upto 1080p.Don't worry about speakers
These specs "MIN/MAX POWER 10 WATTS / 120 WATTS
SENSITIVITY 86dB
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 OHMS" are good enough. Just dont push the volume too high while watching movies/listening to music (In any case you will get to know when your speakers go into distortion when u increase volume, just keep the volume just below that level.There is also a setting in the AVR where u can set the "max volume level" of the Amplifiere/AVR, set it to desired level, and be tension free).

What's the size of your room? you might feel your system under powered in a big room, and you might need to increase the volume.

regards :)

As of now the room size is 17*10

35K is including customs or excluding customs. I bough RxV 863 1.5 years back for 600$ not including customs. You should check other places for a cheaper price.

You have purchased those models online?
If yes, i was trying to purchase system from amazon.com but i am not sure about import duties how much it will cost to me to deliver it in Mumbai.
it is safe to purchase from US amazon site?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back