Yamaha amplifiers availability.

Lizard King

Just out of curiosity, are the higher Yamaha amplifier models, 1000 series or above, available in India through proper distributor/ dealers?
The official Yamaha website lists very less models.

That seems to be the way to go. Only challenge is if any service support is needed. May not be an issue in big metros, but in most cities it will be a difficult task. When I think of buying any electronics, that single criteria is enough to make me drop a lot of brands.

In another thread, it was said that Yamaha insists on motherboard change and charge around 14-18k, means buying another piece. Now with chip shortage, it is less likely to get repairs easily.

Just out of curiosity, are the higher Yamaha amplifier models, 1000 series or above, available in India through proper distributor/ dealers?
The official Yamaha website lists very less models.
Try https://www.nipponenterprises.in/contact-us/ though they sell Yamaha musical instruments i have heard they sell audio hifi also
http://www.nippongroup.com/yamahamusicsquare.com/amplifiers.htm has the listing
https://in.yamaha.com/en/find/dealers/index.html Thomsun also listed under hifi/av

I know a dealer in Bangalore for Yamaha, but never purchased Yamaha product from him. I know he also takes care of the after sale service for his customers. Most of the dealers fail here and i had a bad experience with other dealers who don’t care for your calls after sale. Anyway let me know, I can PM the contact details.

I know a dealer in Bangalore for Yamaha, but never purchased Yamaha product from him. I know he also takes care of the after sale service for his customers. Most of the dealers fail here and i had a bad experience with other dealers who don’t care for your calls after sale. Anyway let me know, I can PM the contact details.
Post it here so that its useful to all in Bangalore

For those who need additional and broader comparison and insights on Yamaha amps forums dot stevehoffman dot tv
From the blog-One insights that was shared - ASxxx series and ASxxxx do not have the same sound signature - in other words they are different.
There are users who stayed with ASxxx and users who moved to ASxxxx series and have stated their reasons in the best possible way.
Obviously given the access we have in India vs USA to gear is not comparable given the try,buy and return biz model is USA.

Anybody using Yamaha A-S 201 - it shows up only on europe site.

Just curious to know !

For those who need additional and broader comparison and insights on Yamaha amps forums dot stevehoffman dot tv
From the blog-One insights that was shared - ASxxx series and ASxxxx do not have the same sound signature - in other words they are different.
There are users who stayed with ASxxx and users who moved to ASxxxx series and have stated their reasons in the best possible way.
Obviously given the access we have in India vs USA to gear is not comparable given the try,buy and return biz model is USA.

Just curious to know !
Yamaha AS series is gud with clear and natural sound. Here in India hard to find I bought from eBay.

In addition to what the FM plans to share.
If interested look up the RN 602 and RN 803 in asr,avsforum and poland websites.

Just curious to know !

My recommendation will be to buy an A-S801 or above of possible. NR series is not integrated amps but receivers.

Also I don’t prefer integrated DACs, so will not prefer those. If it’s important to you 1000 or above won’t be an option.

I have A-S1000. For the sound signature I can tell you this : Good control over bass. Highs are kind of rolled off or soft. So details will be less pronounced. This sure helps with listening fatigue. Maybe a good combo with ESS DACs.

My old Sony 590 ES on the other hand resolves more details at higher end. Sounds very very detailed. But bass and dynamics is relatively weaker.

If you are going with the Yamaha, make sure your speaker have decent tweeter. Something that sparkles reasonably to avoid a dull presentation.

My recommendation will be to buy an A-S801 or above of possible. NR series is not integrated amps but receivers.

Also I don’t prefer integrated DACs, so will not prefer those. If it’s important to you 1000 or above won’t be an option.

I have A-S1000. For the sound signature I can tell you this : Good control over bass. Highs are kind of rolled off or soft. So details will be less pronounced. This sure helps with listening fatigue. Maybe a good combo with ESS DACs.

My old Sony 590 ES on the other hand resolves more details at higher end. Sounds very very detailed. But bass and dynamics is relatively weaker.

If you are going with the Yamaha, make sure your speaker have decent tweeter. Something that sparkles reasonably to avoid a dull presentation.
Thanks for the response.Iam aware that RN series are stereo receivers .
The RN803 has AS701/801 amp inside as per asr,avs and japan/bogs forums.So it depends on need.
stereopolice YT channel has done a awesome job of sharing what are the factual differences within AS series.
As i have shared elsewhere stevehoffman forum has IMO one of the best user views of ASxxx vs ASxxxx . Clearly there were users who could affort to buy the ASxxxx but preferred the AS801/701s for well explained reasons.

Integrated DACs : I have used outboard DACs including one's with tube front end ! .My personal preference is less clutter and avoid cabling issues . So inbuild DACs (ESS sabre in RN803) serves my purpose.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back