Yamaha Aventage Rx-Axxxx series (700~3020 ++) & any other querries related toYamaha

rud3dawg

Since there is no thread dedicated to the Aventage series I was wondering if this would be ok MODs :) :rolleyes:

• I ll start with my problem, a small one I was trying to configure my receiver by adding it in to my home network along with my TV and stream audio from my system :( . I found that on random occasions the music folders shared on my PC would not be displayed on the receivers display list Any idea about this??As if my plans to stream FLACs from the PC were not crushed already because streaming FLACS are not supported on some or most of the AVRs it seems

• I am also trying to configure my remote control to work for the TataSky+HD STB but the TataSky Customer care are helpless (Even the premium technical dept:) I asked Flash and he suggested I use SKY+ HD s remote control code .. but cant find the right one online. Hey Flash can you reply to this with the code or the URL to help all the other forum members too ;) Would really appreciate it. Also some common remote codes are always welcome :)

• This other issue that i ve observed is the sound quality output from the AVR playing the TV content connected through a TOSlink is low. ... to explain it clearly I listen to music via USB or stream @ about -22 to-28 DB which is loud enough for me to comfortably get to listen to every note from another room or even the immediate outdoors space and to get the same loudness and pitch I'd have to go all the way upto -12 or -15DB I remember reading about the same issue posted by some one else which am unable to find at this moment. Is this an expected behavior?or is the TOSlink @ fault?? Mines an MX manufactured 0.5mm 4 mtr one. Hope for all the Yamlovers(No pun intended) this is not the receiver's flaw:sos:
Would really appreciate any other valuable suggestions relative to the Yamaha receiver
:signthankspin:

Last edited:
Re: Yamaha Aventage Rx-Axxxx series (700~3020 ++) & any other querries related toYama

A little off topic from your post... but could you tell me how do you find the pairing of Yamaha AVR with Klipsch

Re: Yamaha Aventage Rx-Axxxx series (700~3020 ++) & any other querries related toYama

A little off topic from your post... but could you tell me how do you find the pairing of Yamaha AVR with Klipsch

Man.. O Man.:yahoo::clapping:. Amazing !!!! It is very comfortable,natural and good, Infact am in a search for my old DVD player and probably hook it to play some audio CDs or Movie DVDs for. Ofcourse the room acoustics play an important part.. My living room is 30x18 towards the Receivers end and narrows to 14ft on the further end because of another rooms space extension roughly about for the last 8 ft.

PS: very particularly Natural and not Warm which is to my liking. <--- Added later

Last edited:

I am also trying to configure my remote control to work for the TataSky+HD STB but the TataSky Customer care are helpless (Even the premium technical dept:) I asked Flash and he suggested I use SKY+ HD s remote control code .. but cant find the right one online. Hey Flash can you reply to this with the code or the URL to help all the other forum members too ;) Would really appreciate it. Also some common remote codes are always welcome :)

Dawg

try 0555 or 0584

OR

Can you give me the link for your AVR manual.... Will locate it for you

PS: very particularly Natural and not Warm which is to my liking. <--- Added later

Exactly what I also like... accurate, neutral and detailed, not warm. We all know that Yamaha is not warm, my experience says it is also towards neutral, maybe a 0.1% towards bright. So, based on your experience with Klipsch & Yamaha, Klipsch cannot be bright... I wonder why they are unanimously regarded as harsh!

Dawg

try 0555 or 0584

OR

Can you give me the link for your AVR manual.... Will locate it for you

I Did check the manual I have a printed copy there are codes to only: Eurosky; Skymaster,SkySAT,Skymax, Skyvision Under Satellite Section I ve already tried most of the codes for these

manual link....Yamaha Rx-A200 manual page Sad and lame part is you'd have to register to download so If you can wait till evening I ll go home and upload in some fileshare site of your choice so that you can go through and find something that I might ve most probably missed.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Exactly what I also like... accurate, neutral and detailed, not warm. We all know that Yamaha is not warm, my experience says it is also towards neutral, maybe a 0.1% towards bright. So, based on your experience with Klipsch & Yamaha, Klipsch cannot be bright... I wonder why they are unanimously regarded as harsh!

Since with most Horn loaded designs, there is a certain honkiness associated with the design.

However that is a thing of the past and manufacturers like Klipsch, Cerwin Vega etc has refined their horn loaded designs over the years to minimize the honkiness and harshness usually associated with it.

However most of us fail to realize that Klipsch has done a commendable job with the RF series . The RF 7 imo stands out and is a brilliant loudspeaker.

Klipsh RF series in general throws a very large sound and sounds very detailed with a massive soundstage, this is a often associated with being overly bright or harsh.

You can either love the Klipsch sound or Hate it .

Last edited:

Since with most Horn loaded designs, there is a certain honkiness associated with the design.

However that is a thing of the past and manufacturers like Klipsch, Cerwin Vega etc has refined their horn loaded designs over the years to minimize the honkiness and harshness usually associated with it.

However most of us fail to realize that Klipsch has done a commendable job with the RF series . The RF 7 imo stands out and is a brilliant loundspeaker.

Klipsh RF series in general throws a very large sound and sounds very detailed with a massive soundstage, this is a often associated with being overly bright or harsh.

You can either love the Klipsch sound or Hate it .

In total accordance to both the posts and especially Flash's explanation very large sound and sounds very detailed with a massive soundstage is the reason I believe is the cause of alot of discomfort and a unanimous declaration of the brightness, I personally felt (and tested) if our ears are pointed towards the horn speakers ie if we are seated facing at 90degree to the speakers horn you will see feel the brightness at about 10feet dist if the volume was set to about -24 db

My personal position is about 15 ft @ about -22~-24 db NOT letting the horn's output hit my ear directly:eek:hyeah:

P.S: Also I felt that the Aventage might be more neutral than bright as per the other members comments but I feel its yet to be verified.

• I ll start with my problem, a small one I was trying to configure my receiver by adding it in to my home network along with my TV and stream audio from my system :( . I found that on random occasions the music folders shared on my PC would not be displayed on the receivers display list Any idea about this??As if my plans to stream FLACs from the PC were not crushed already because streaming FLACS are not supported on some or most of the AVRs it seems

Hi, I have a rx-v671 (not the same series, but Aventage has to be better) and I use it to play music (flac) from my laptop using ushare or rygel. it works, though I use the UI in ipad/android/web to select/navigate the songs/directories.

Hi, I have a rx-v671 (not the same series, but Aventage has to be better) and I use it to play music (flac) from my laptop using ushare or rygel. it works, though I use the UI in ipad/android/web to select/navigate the songs/directories.

How did u pair the Laptop earlier .. just wanted to know, I feel that the Wifi bridge is the cause...because earlier I was able to view the folder but now I don't get to see the folder in receiver.. Randomly I get access to some folders and sometimes I dont... :(

I am only sharing the folders over the network to the media devices.. thats all :( Though the folders appear to be shared when I check the shared privileges, the Share Permissions shows> Nobody from the set of < Self,Home user, Specified. >. The appropriate one for me would be Home user and although I select it the next time i check its not selected.

Last edited:

I did not get how you were sharing the media. I was using a dlna media server to share. Initially I was using ushare, which worked for a while and then problems started browsing inside the directories etc. It showed the directories but was not able to go inside to play the files. I also suspected it was the wifi, anyway I changed the access point as well as the media server application and things are fine so far, except the occasional WiFi hiccups. :)

I did not get how you were sharing the media. I was using a dlna media server to share. Initially I was using ushare, which worked for a while and then problems started browsing inside the directories etc. It showed the directories but was not able to go inside to play the files. I also suspected it was the wifi, anyway I changed the access point as well as the media server application and things are fine so far, except the occasional WiFi hiccups. :)

hmm good that your problem is solved... which media server app are you using as of now ? and what access point were u using earlier and now ??? want to know these minor details which matter...;) Am using a WRT160N for the primary router and a WES610N for the bridge purpose.:eek:.. And also do you think it would be wise to use only N mode Wifi ??? or mixed between the router and the bridge?

I used an old wrt54g as the master and a fairly new model dlink basic access point for the client setup. I changed the master to a dlink model, however my devices does not support N mode. I would recommend you try it out. For dlna I use rygel in my debian and when I use windows I use the native media player where I just turn on the streaming.

I Still have the same problem.. now I am not able to see any music content through the receiver let alone FLACs..but my TV is able to access movies and music...tried changing the transmission mode from Mixed to N .. didnt help, I am able to see movies in the receivers display menu but greyed out.... So does that mean the network is configured fine and its to do with the receiver?

another random thought ...would changing the cables from STP to UTP and CAT 7 instead of CAT 6 matter ???

hey dawg,

I got my a710. Haven't connected it to my network. Does the a2000 have inbuilt wifi support or have you connected using ethernet cable? I currently have the a710 connected to the HDMI (ARC) out of my TV. And the TV is on Wifi. I know this might not be the best option, coz I don't want the the TV's media player to mess with the audio when it converts to PCM.

So I tried connecting a thumb drive. But the a710 is unable to read it. Looked it up and found that non-HDD USB drives must be FAT-32 :(. Will have to try my HDD today.

hey dawg,

I got my a710. Haven't connected it to my network. Does the a2000 have inbuilt wifi support or have you connected using ethernet cable? I currently have the a710 connected to the HDMI (ARC) out of my TV. And the TV is on Wifi. I know this might not be the best option, coz I don't want the the TV's media player to mess with the audio when it converts to PCM.

So I tried connecting a thumb drive. But the a710 is unable to read it. Looked it up and found that non-HDD USB drives must be FAT-32 :(. Will have to try my HDD today.

Hey Gazal..

Good to hear about your A710 ;) I ve connected the A2000 using wired network to a wireless bridge in my hall which is again connected wireless to a router in my room (adjecent to the hall :p). Woah your TV supports ARC .. mine doesnt .. I couldnt find any information about ARC in the manual so :sad:...

About your thumb drive , why dont you format it in fat32 using a PC and try using it with the receiver ??? should work.. dude I use a 16GB SDMMC that i used to use with a phone on my receiver and it works just fine.. I even played some 1080p vdos through the TV using the same.:D

I could of course format the thumb drive to FAT32. But the thing is sometimes i share HD movies using the same thumb drive and FAT32 only supports files upto 2GB.

I just saw the link about them supporting NTFS if its HDD today. So if that works, that's the best solution.

And about ARC, it sure is quite handy. They've neatly tucked away ARC settings under the HDMI control setting from the setup menu. You only need one connection from TV to receiver. The TV's remote can switch on the receiver from standby and control volume. But unfortunately my TV doesn't support HD audio passthrough. Only regular DTS & DD.

thats nice.. hehe.. mines a Series 5 and I found the Anynet+ feature through which i could control the receiver using the TVs remote.. *Not interested* but otherwise .. nada for the ARC :(
yeah I am sure you can format NTFS and use it for movies

The hdd didn't work either. Any Yamaha receiver owners tried to connect their ntfs formatted hdd to your receiver?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back