Yamaha AVR & LG OLED C8 65" - HELP

bpranay

Only recently I have bought a new LG OLED C8 65" panel fro my setup. I was using Sony Bravia 40'' LED before along with Yamaha RX-473.

My earlier setup was everything plugged into AVR like Popbox Media streamer, amazon firestick & airtel set top box and HDMI out from AVR was connected to my Sony Bravia. The setup was perfect, no problem. I was getting video without any handshake issue.

Yesterday I have bought a new OLED by LG Model C8 65". It has replaced my old sony LED 40". Now I have used the same setup means Firestick, Media Streamer & settop box into AVR and then HDMI out connected to LG OLED. The TV wasn't getting any video Signal from AVR. I tried replacing the cable also & bought a new 4K HDMI ( Good Brand) from the market but still problem persisted. Then I went to Device Coonnect in LG and tried adding Yamaha AVR but still I am not getting any video from AVR to LG OLED. If I connect Firestick & set-top box directly to TV then I am getting video. In fact I played a movie yesterday by directly connecting USB flashdrive to the TV and it played wonderfully.

For time being, I have used optical out from TV to AVR for getting sound but that is not the solution I want. I am not sure what kind of handshake problem I am having with these 2 devices. I request you to please help me out. I have called LG guy but they are quite naive and does not understand working functions of AVR with TV. Your suggestions are highly welcome.

P.S. I have tried all HDMI ports including ARC port. Have also put HDMI control in AVR to "ARC On"

LG customer service will be of no use here.Could you please share screenshot of video,Hdmi, and other output settings from your avr? Very strange that in ur old tv it was working and with new tv it’s not

LG customer service will be of no use here.Could you please share screenshot of video,Hdmi, and other output settings from your avr? Very strange that in ur old tv it was working and with new tv it’s not
I shall have it shared soon although my setup is quite simple. Everything plugged into HDMI inputs of AVR and then HDMI out from AVR to TV (tried all ports including ARC port). Thanks for the reply.

I shall have it shared soon although my setup is quite simple. Everything plugged into HDMI inputs of AVR and then HDMI out from AVR to TV (tried all ports including ARC port). Thanks for the reply.
Yeah since u already had it all configured and working with ur previous tv it should just work with the same settings. But just to be sure

Only recently I have bought a new LG OLED C8 65" panel fro my setup. I was using Sony Bravia 40'' LED before along with Yamaha RX-473.

My earlier setup was everything plugged into AVR like Popbox Media streamer, amazon firestick & airtel set top box and HDMI out from AVR was connected to my Sony Bravia. The setup was perfect, no problem. I was getting video without any handshake issue.

Yesterday I have bought a new OLED by LG Model C8 65". It has replaced my old sony LED 40". Now I have used the same setup means Firestick, Media Streamer & settop box into AVR and then HDMI out connected to LG OLED. The TV wasn't getting any video Signal from AVR. I tried replacing the cable also & bought a new 4K HDMI ( Good Brand) from the market but still problem persisted. Then I went to Device Coonnect in LG and tried adding Yamaha AVR but still I am not getting any video from AVR to LG OLED. If I connect Firestick & set-top box directly to TV then I am getting video. In fact I played a movie yesterday by directly connecting USB flashdrive to the TV and it played wonderfully.

For time being, I have used optical out from TV to AVR for getting sound but that is not the solution I want. I am not sure what kind of handshake problem I am having with these 2 devices. I request you to please help me out. I have called LG guy but they are quite naive and does not understand working functions of AVR with TV. Your suggestions are highly welcome.

P.S. I have tried all HDMI ports including ARC port. Have also put HDMI control in AVR to "ARC On"
Try factory reset of avr, it worked for me in kind of similar condition. It happens bcz of change in screen size i believe.

Yes, factory reset the AVR. The same happened with my Onkyo AVR when I bought a new larger size TV. I suppose when a new TV is connected it does not recognize the screen or whatever but after factory reset of the AVR the LED screen came alive.

I have already tried factory reset with my AVR twice but nothing happened. The problem remains same.

have you tried disconnecting all video & power cables on both before reconnecting only the avr to the tv ?

have you tried disconnecting all video & power cables on both before reconnecting only the avr to the tv ?
No. I have not tried that. Do you mean I should disconnect the power to both TV & AVR then reconnect them with each other?

Hi All,

One problem resolved & the second one popped up.

Now there's no sound in my AVR when I play something on my TV. Yesterday night, I attached a flashdrive to my TV with 5.1 movie but to my utter disappointment, there was no sound in my AVR through HDMI ARC. HDMI ARC was on in TV settings and the same was also "ON" in my AVR.
Audio was set to AV2. Simplink too was switched on.

What could be the issue? Kindly help please.

Hi All,

One problem resolved & the second one popped up.

Now there's no sound in my AVR when I play something on my TV. Yesterday night, I attached a flashdrive to my TV with 5.1 movie but to my utter disappointment, there was no sound in my AVR through HDMI ARC. HDMI ARC was on in TV settings and the same was also "ON" in my AVR.
Audio was set to AV2. Simplink too was switched on.

What could be the issue? Kindly help please.
I use a lg tv too and please check if the simplink is turned on. Also on the AVR, av4 to be selected for ARC playback.

I use a lg tv too and please check if the simplink is turned on. Also on the AVR, av4 to be selected for ARC playback.
Let me try it with AV4....although I think I had tried all the options..... Let me check again. Anything else that you would like to suggest?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back