Yamaha AVR or Denon AVR?

Now only 2 models are shortlisted:

1. Yamaha Rx V475
2. Denon X500BT

Networking features are not necessary, all i want is the best sound for movies and music also. Which one would be the best with JBL Cinema 300 5.1 speakers?

Any specific reason for yamaha? As i was more inclined towards denon. And as i mentioned above i am going to match it with JBL cinema 300 which is complete 5.1 speaker system.

Hi i had auditioned denon with jbl for my friend and feel the sound really good warm .I had also auditioned tennoy with it and felt good. Bro but it's ur decision what sound good to my ears will not the same for others.
So auditioned both shortlisted and go for the best which u feel .both are reputed brands. At the end it's ur hard earned money and u are going to listen it.

Hi i had auditioned denon with jbl for my friend and feel the sound really good warm .I had also auditioned tennoy with it and felt good. Bro but it's ur decision what sound good to my ears will not the same for others.
So auditioned both shortlisted and go for the best which u feel .both are reputed brands. At the end it's ur hard earned money and u are going to listen it.

Thing is i am not able to get auditions for both the AVR with same set of speakers, thats why i am confused. But isn't Denon X510BT a lower end model as compared to Yamaha Rxv 475?

In terms of features it seems that Yamaha is ahead of denon. Yamaha is rated @80wpc 6ohm , 0.09%thd. Denon is 70wpc 8ohm, 0.08%thd.
X510BT has bluetooth which the rx-v475 misses out on.
Yamaha has network and airplay.
Basically the avr's are similar or maybe the denon is a tad bit cleaner in power on specs.
Again i would say denon is a warm avr and generally would pair well with most speakers. Yamaha kind of sounds to bright to my ears

Thing is i am not able to get auditions for both the AVR with same set of speakers, thats why i am confused. But isn't Denon X510BT a lower end model as compared to Yamaha Rxv 475?

Yes u are right the 475 is positioned against x1000.

1. So that means if i ignore networking features and concentrate on pure sound quality, Denon x510BT would be a better choice as its gonna be matched with JBL Cinema 300 which is again on the brighter side as per reviews?
2. And Denon X510BT doesn't have audyssey caliberation wherewas Yamaha got ypao. Does this auto caiberation feature matters?

Last edited:
I recently demoed Denon 510BT, Yamaha HTR3067 (same as RXv377) and Pioneer 524 with Polk RTx speakers (at ProFx Bangalore) . My demo was only in stereo mode. I found Denon to emphasize the bass whereas Yamaha and Pioneer were flatter. I decided to go with Yamaha based on SQ. I will be pairing them with a pair of Pioneer AJ FS speakers. Yamaha is also the lowest priced among the three.

I recently demoed Denon 510BT, Yamaha HTR3067 (same as RXv377) and Pioneer 524 with Polk RTx speakers (at ProFx Bangalore) . My demo was only in stereo mode. I found Denon to emphasize the bass whereas Yamaha and Pioneer were flatter. I decided to go with Yamaha based on SQ. I will be pairing them with a pair of Pioneer AJ FS speakers. Yamaha is also the lowest priced among the three.

Denon lacks clarity? Only bass is good? whereas yamaha is better in SQ?

Been using Denon regularly for over a decade without any issues. Also have a Yamaha integrated for music. So far so good.
Frankly, go with what sounds better to your ears. Take your speakers along when auditioning . You cant go wrong with either.

hey guys
i want to go in for am aventage series of 1040 , just guide me , is ir better to buy here in india or in singapore or malaysia, which is better & where cud i have better buy

I am planning to purchase Yamaha RX V377 AVR. I have sony micro hi-fi component (CMT -NEZ5) Sterosystem which is having bookshelf speakers (with 6 ohms loads, both channels driven, from 120-10,000 Hz, rated 18 watts per channel minimum RMS power, with no more than 10% total harmonic distortion from 250 milliwatts to rated output). Can I match these speakers with the Yamaha RX v377. I am a layman in the Music system world. Kindly help me.

The RX-V377 has 70W RMS at 8ohm and as per Sony India website the speakers for CMT-NEZ5 are 20W RMS which is very low, as far as power handling capacity as compared to receiver. It can be used since it is 6ohms however playing at louder volume can damage the voice coil in the speakers as I understand since power handling is approx 1/4th of that of receiver, at low volumes it should be fine.

Hi guys,
Finally I m going with Norge amplifier its 1000 gold 80 watt and matching with Boston A26 bookshelf speaker . very good for stereo sound . anybody have this pairs what about say u ?
I m very impressed . Norge 1000 gold amp superb sound quality , looking normally but output amazing..

Harry

Back