Yamaha HTR-2064 No sound in surround speakers

sdileep20

Hello Friends,
I am new to this forum and looking forward to some information from you guys to fix my broken Yamaha HTR-2064 (yht-196) audio receiver. Please help.

My Yamaha HTR-2064 receiver recently has a problem and it turns off the surround speakers alone within couple of minutes after power on. Front speakers, center speaker and subwoofer all sounds good. The 5.1 Enhancer mode is selected in the receiver. Tried with the test tone and hearing a low volume test sound played through the surround speakers only when the surround speaker levels are set to a higher level. Tried resetting the AVR settings. Also inspected the speaker wires and all looks good.

After trying out the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the user manual, I checked with the local Yamaha service center and they told that the reason could be a short circuit in the Digital P.C.B due to dust or moisture. They suggested to replace the digital P.C.B and mentioned that the cost estimate would be around INR 15k including service charges. Service guy mentioned that there is no option to repair the damaged components alone in the P.C.B. The discussion happened over phone and no inspection happened as I couldn't take the AVR out to the service center due to a lockdown in my area.

I opened the AVR and could see that lot of dust accumulation in the P.C.Bs. Planning to clean the boards by removing the dust accumulation on it.

Has anyone faced similar issue with the yht-196 receiver? Could you please let me know if you were able to get that fixed in a low cost by repairing the board/replacing only the failed components in the digital P.C.B?

Thanks in advance,
Dileep.

Hello Friends,
I am new to this forum and looking forward to some information from you guys to fix my broken Yamaha HTR-2064 (yht-196) audio receiver. Please help.

My Yamaha HTR-2064 receiver recently has a problem and it turns off the surround speakers alone within couple of minutes after power on. Front speakers, center speaker and subwoofer all sounds good. The 5.1 Enhancer mode is selected in the receiver. Tried with the test tone and hearing a low volume test sound played through the surround speakers only when the surround speaker levels are set to a higher level. Tried resetting the AVR settings. Also inspected the speaker wires and all looks good.

After trying out the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the user manual, I checked with the local Yamaha service center and they told that the reason could be a short circuit in the Digital P.C.B due to dust or moisture. They suggested to replace the digital P.C.B and mentioned that the cost estimate would be around INR 15k including service charges. Service guy mentioned that there is no option to repair the damaged components alone in the P.C.B. The discussion happened over phone and no inspection happened as I couldn't take the AVR out to the service center due to a lockdown in my area.

I opened the AVR and could see that lot of dust accumulation in the P.C.Bs. Planning to clean the boards by removing the dust accumulation on it.

Has anyone faced similar issue with the yht-196 receiver? Could you please let me know if you were able to get that fixed in a low cost by repairing the board/replacing only the failed components in the digital P.C.B?

Thanks in advance,
Dileep.

Hope you have tried interchanging the speaker connection too like surround connected to front & ensure connecting speaker cables are intact too?
might be peeling off the speaker cable ends can help too to ensure there are no oxidation due to moisture in rainy season in kerala :)

i think combination of dust + high moisture settling for long on these P.C.B can be one of the reasons unless u haven't used the AVR for long.
Try dusting it with dry brush & keep it open under fan for few hours. Check the pinch speaker connectors too in yht-196 if there is no visible rusting.

I did see some of the FM mentioning in past dusting helped in clearing/ resolving physical movements on various audio equipments. If nothing works I guess visit to the Service Center is the only option.

Cheers,
:cool:

Hope you have tried interchanging the speaker connection too like surround connected to front & ensure connecting speaker cables are intact too?
might be peeling off the speaker cable ends can help too to ensure there are no oxidation due to moisture in rainy season in kerala :)

i think combination of dust + high moisture settling for long on these P.C.B can be one of the reasons unless u haven't used the AVR for long.
Try dusting it with dry brush & keep it open under fan for few hours. Check the pinch speaker connectors too in yht-196 if there is no visible rusting.

I did see some of the FM mentioning in past dusting helped in clearing/ resolving physical movements on various audio equipments. If nothing works I guess visit to the Service Center is the only option.

Cheers,
:cool:
Thanks a ton for the suggestions. :) Yes I can see lot of dust accumulation on top of the PCB. I will try removing it and see. I tried interchanging the speakers already to confirm that it is not an issue with the speaker cables. Thanks. :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back