Yamaha + Klipsch

Nyk

Hi All
Have been following this forum for long and finally decided to join in active users with a query.
So i have decided on a HT setup of Yamaha RXV 483 + Klipsch quinet 5.0 + Klipsch Sw 10.
After auditioning Denon , yamaha and Pioneer i decided on yamaha. reason being it sounded more bright plus it was somewhere close in both HT as well as Music. rxv483 bcoz of budget restrain also 583 was only adding number of channels,7.2 which i dont need for now, 5.1 is good enough for me.
Klipsch quintet 5.0 is bright but i found them impressive,wharfdale were too warm for me. Although some say klipsch will cause fatigue. Need feedback on that.plz
Sub i decicded cause it was awesome in performance and looks pretty cool although thats just an observation, its not a deciding factor.
Overall budget was an issue, this whole package will cost me around 1.10lacs.
It will be great if any of you guys will guide me and do i have any better choices.
HT70% Music 30% Bedroom.

Hi guys
Kindly do reply.
I have one more query, does yamaha rx v483 support turntable? I mean can i connect my old turntable with this avr?

No, I haven't heard it yet.
There is not much value difference between V483 & V583. I will suggest going with V583 or 585.

Thx for reply elangoas, my budget was 1 lac but I stretched it to 1.10lac. Kindly suggest me good combo within this budget. And also are Klipsch Quintet good enough?

Yamaha RXV 483 + Klipsch quinet 5.0 + Klipsch Sw 10.

And also are Klipsch Quintet good enough?

If you are fine with this package, like it & can extend you budget, get them..

suggest me good combo within this budget.
HT70% Music 30% Bedroom.

5.1.2 set-up for 1 Lac- If you were excluding 7.1 AVR due to cost, you may consider this option..

Any 5.1.2 AVR + Taga TAV 506 for 18K on amazon.in + Jbl control 1 for heights (7K) + Taga TSW subwoofer for an other 25K..

5.2 setup for 1 Lac - The above 5.1 AVR in consideration + Taga inmove series from ebay.in (25K) + Dual Taga subs TSW 120/200 from hifimart.com/ebay.in/amazon.in, whichever works for you..

Hi Nyk...

If going for the Klipsch speakers, go with their sub that comes as a package.

Other makes and models of subs will not match the satellites in tone and timbre as you will be using a high cross over point.

What is the size of your room. If you're room is anywhere near 150 sq.ft then the above will be sufficient to fill it. If any larger, then I would suggest to start with a AVR + 2 floorstanders . And then add a sub, centre channel and finally surround speakers in that sequence.

Hi newlash
Thanks for the reply. Yes i am thinking about both satellites and sub from klipsch. My room size is 160sq ft.

Please check the '85 series , the new one. I see it has some more features and see if they are relevant to you before falling back on '83

Thanks indy, will do. Bit confused about avr, someone told me go for 683, its a bit over budget but he said its worth it.
Indecisive about it.

ok so it seems only major difference between '83 and '85 is that '85 are alexa controlled and all that wifi jazz, nothing much changes otherwise. Although yamha will phase out all '83 eventually.
Yamaha rx v483 is 5.1
Yamaha rx v583 is 7.2
Yamaha rx v683 is 7.2 plus many options of connectivity. 683 RMS is 90 compared to 80 of 583, minimum impedance 4ohms compared to 8 of 583.
Price - nearly 8-10k increase as you up the model.
Best buy seems to be rx v583. Best of both the worlds. For a guy like me who wants phono or any additional connectivity, buy it separately and connect to 583.
so for now it is Yamaha rx v583 + Klipsch quinet 5.0 + Klipsch sub R-10SW + phono turntable preamp (amazon) total cost INR 1,25,250.
Phew.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back