Yamaha NS8390 with Telome TA8200

transistor495

Hi All,

Do anybody think that Yamaha NS8390 towers(70W) is a good match with Telome TA8200 100W x 2 stereo amp. Tower is rated at 70W nominal with 8ohms impedance and the amp is 100W capable into 4ohms I guess. Any idea?:cool:

100w amp @ 4 ohms will boil down to approx 60w @ 8 ohms. Does not follow a linear pattern though. The speakers are fairly efficient so 60w can drive them well, however I doubt, you would use amp full potential at all.

Reconsider your decision on the speakers immediately as they are very very poor quality devices. If you compared them side by side to any other reputed audiophile brand youll find them inferior in every possible way.

Reconsider your decision on the speakers immediately as they are very very poor quality devices. If you compared them side by side to any other reputed audiophile brand youll find them inferior in every possible way.

Ok, can you advise me a nice audiophile floorstanding with suitable stereo amp? My budget is around 25k, or a slight deviation is not a problem though.

And where it is available?

But no bookshelves please :)

Ok, can you advise me a nice audiophile floorstanding with suitable stereo amp? My budget is around 25k, or a slight deviation is not a problem though.

:lol: you kicked wrong place of corelement :lol: Ouch! it hurts :eek:hyeah:

Hi,

I am intrigued by your remarks. I have not heard these speakers myself. It would be interesting to know why you consider them of "very, very poor quality" and "inferior in every way". By the way, I was looking to buy a pair of Yamaha speakers, not this model though.

Regards.

Try Paradigm Monitor 7. I auditioned them while buying monitor 9 and they sounded extremely good. Awesome highs and mids. Perfectly balanced speakers

I think its price is around 25-30k.

Try Paradigm Monitor 7. I auditioned them while buying monitor 9 and they sounded extremely good. Awesome highs and mids. Perfectly balanced speakers

I think its price is around 25-30k.

MRP for Paradigm Monitor 7 is 48K...

How much you paid for Monitor 9 ??

MRP for Paradigm Monitor 7 is 48K...

How much you paid for Monitor 9 ??

I paid around 35-45k for them.
Don't exactly remember the price, but will give you a dealer's name in delhi who should give you a very reasonable price.

Umm...I have continued my web research :indifferent14: and found another dude -Telome BT-300 and got stuck there ;)

I think it's worth to wait and collect some money before going for that. I might ask for the matching stereo amp from Telome only. I live in Kochi, no idea how to get them in here though :rolleyes:

Back