Yamaha Portasound PC 1000 electronic organ player

antoniodias

I am sorry if I have listed this matter under a wrong thread as this is the closest I could write on. Does anyone know how to repair these vintage keyboard players? I even tried the Yamaha service centre guys but they say that the ics are not available anymore. I see the power light coming ON on my electronic keyboard player, but when the keys are pressed no sound is produced. Even when the headphones are plugged in, it is dead. Can anyone throw any light on this?

For images please click this link below:

https://reverb.com/item/6284442-yamaha-portasound-pc-1000-vintage-keyboard-synth-1980s

Hi

Hope all well...

Contact Christopher Quadros (the Goa number I gave you) he may be able to tell you who can repair.

In Mumbai, check with BX Furtados or Shaloo Music (VT)...perhaps they can throw some pointers.....

Over the years, ICs and Capacitors tend to wear off and need replacement. It is difficult to get these here and often needs to be imported from Singapore or Taiwan.

In most cases, you end up spending more than what a comparable Keyboard would cost today.....

Check and decide...

All the best!

Hello my good friend Eddie. So nice of you. You see Eddie, Shallu straight away said "NOT POSSIBLE" then I visited Furtados. They kept it for some weeks or so, but failed as parts are not available. It was my first salary in Kuwait in the year 1984, so I treasure it. I now have another 3 more keyboards, the Tyros 5 (the latest) the Yamaha Clavinova CVP 503, the Yamaha PSR A 53, But I still miss the Yamaha PC 1000 where I am asking for any help possible. Thanks Eddie

Welcome!

Christopher knows a lot of folks in Goa (Bands, Sound Engineers, Etc Etc), I am sure he will figure out something to get this alive!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back