Only stereo output while streaming from PC

joemax007

for my hometheater set up i am using fistick 4k max connected to denon 1700h.i tried to stream the movies on my PC to this firestick. but the issue i am facing is even though my source file on PC is having 5.1 audio. while streaming via smb i am only getting stereo out.
does anyone here knows the solution to get the 5.1 out via streaming. twice i have got 5.1 channel audio but don't know how it happened, after that i have tried many times but not results.

for my hometheater set up i am using fistick 4k max connected to denon 1700h.i tried to stream the movies on my PC to this firestick. but the issue i am facing is even though my source file on PC is having 5.1 audio. while streaming via smb i am only getting stereo out.
does anyone here knows the solution to get the 5.1 out via streaming. twice i have got 5.1 channel audio but don't know how it happened, after that i have tried many times but not results.
Firestick doesn't have a native support to access files. You must have installed non-supported firestick android app to access samba shares. The limitation will be from the app or settings in the app. This issue has nothing to do with your avr or the firestick. The audio decoding is done by the app running on firestick. If it sends multichannel audio, firestick will play it. If the app sends 2 channel audio, firestick can't do anything to convert it back to the original multi-channel. Your avr too will faithfully reproducte whatever firestick is sending to the HDMI port. My son uses jellyfin and it can stream multichannel audio. I have used kodi and that too is able to play multichannel audio after proper setting for audio in system settings.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back