Yamaha R-N303 or CA 540 A V2

mayukh80

Hello ,
I have CA 540A V2 for the last 8 years connected to Diamond 9.2.

Recently i hit upon this Yamaha R-N303 network receiver which can play from a wide gamut of source including a CDP. It has a decent output of 100W /8 ohms at 0.2% THD

Need your inputs if it would wise to go for it junking my existing CA 540A.

Thanks in advance.

In General, If it is working, don't touch it! Keep going. You can add accessory to make it Net ready.

my CA 540A is doing kickass.... !! I was looking forward to oomph the channel output to around 80 to 100 W.

So what would you recommend as an add on?

Power is not the same as sound quality. If for your room 40 to 50 watts is enough then it is enough. You can probably add an echo dot and you will get some smart capabilities. Voice support, Alex cast prime music or even acts as a Bluetooth dongle. Right now it seems to be on sale at 2449.

Hello ,
I have CA 540A V2 for the last 8 years connected to Diamond 9.2.

Recently i hit upon this Yamaha R-N303 network receiver which can play from a wide gamut of source including a CDP. It has a decent output of 100W /8 ohms at 0.2% THD

Need your inputs if it would wise to go for it junking my existing CA 540A.

Thanks in advance.

IMHO most brands focus to put the best components in the higher segment models. This is a trend I have seen in the last 7-10 years now.

For example, for the place i have,,,a Marantz NR series is more than enough but still i have a SR series due to the capabilities and quality of sound it has.

Suggest you audition the Yamaha N303 first before taking the plunge.....hear them with almost the same kind of speakers if possible....then take a call..as far as I know...the higher models of Yamaha ( 6xx / 8xx) are much better and performers. Carry your music which you are used to hearing which will help as a reference point.....

All the best.

IMHO most brands focus to put the best components in the higher segment models. This is a trend I have seen in the last 7-10 years now.

For example, for the place i have,,,a Marantz NR series is more than enough but still i have a SR series due to the capabilities and quality of sound it has.

Suggest you audition the Yamaha N303 first before taking the plunge.....hear them with almost the same kind of speakers if possible....then take a call..as far as I know...the higher models of Yamaha ( 6xx / 8xx) are much better and performers. Carry your music which you are used to hearing which will help as a reference point.....

All the best.
Thanks for the inputs....
going by the trend and a bit of research, i think it would be prudent to invest on a network player. Any suggestion?

Power is not the same as sound quality. If for your room 40 to 50 watts is enough then it is enough. You can probably add an echo dot and you will get some smart capabilities. Voice support, Alex cast prime music or even acts as a Bluetooth dongle. Right now it seems to be on sale at 2449.
Thanks for the insight

Thanks for the inputs....
going by the trend and a bit of research, i think it would be prudent to invest on a network player. Any suggestion?

I dont use a network player so cant really suggest a good one...from what i have read over the forum over the last couple of years, the Cambridge Audio one seems to be quite popular after the Marantz one....

If you are really going to use all the functions and features of a network player then it makes sense getting one.....evaluate and decide....

I dont use a network player so cant really suggest a good one...from what i have read over the forum over the last couple of years, the Cambridge Audio one seems to be quite popular after the Marantz one....

If you are really going to use all the functions and features of a network player then it makes sense getting one.....evaluate and decide....
I have lots of FLAC format music in my library. Getting hold of CD’s these days are rare and the artist i want to play are not available in india. Importing is exorbitantly costly.
I would keep my existing CDP and add on a network player.

I looked at Yahama N303 as it support wide variety of sources including online streaming services. One of the reason, I decided to not go for it was lack for pre-out support. This limits future expandability, if I need more power in future. I'm considering Marantz NA6006 with Norge Amp.

RN303 vs RN 602 vs RN 803
Is the Wifi implementation different in these models.?
Do all connect directly via the inbuild wifi antenna to the router ?

Update .After audition RN 803 has a strong price to feature and performance.Well build and strong contender to integrated amps.

Update .After audition RN 803 has a strong price to feature and performance.Well build and strong contender to integrated amps.
I dont know how it will match with B&W 606!
i am having CA 740 a. So shifting to N803 doesnt make sense. Will uave to look for higher rated hardware

I dont know how it will match with B&W 606!
i am having CA 740 a. So shifting to N803 doesnt make sense. Will uave to look for higher rated hardware
I have used ca651a and the earlier models and few NADs .(see my other posts)
RN 803 : audition if possible assuming you need the features.driving 88db bw606 shd not be a issue.As I mentioned Google.
803 is not a std receiver.Its a AS701 amp in the 803
Disclaimer : no affiliations

I have used ca651a and the earlier models and few NADs .(see my other posts)
RN 803 : audition if possible assuming you need the features.driving 88db bw606 shd not be a issue.As I mentioned Google.
803 is not a std receiver.Its a AS701 amp in the 803
Disclaimer : no affiliations
Thanks for your inputs.

Will plan for an audition soon :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back