Yamaha RX-A1080 or Denon AVR-X4500h

M3tamorf

So i am considering of buying one of this two i have 5.1 surround system on my old AV YAMAHA RXV479

For front speakers i use YAMAHA NS-F700
For central speaker there is Dali Oberon Vokal
For rear speakers is Dali Oberon 1
And for sub i use Dali E12-F

I am used on yamaha so atm my first choise is 1080 but i am listening to all opinions

So i am considering of buying one of this two i have 5.1 surround system on my old AV YAMAHA RXV479

For front speakers i use YAMAHA NS-F700
For central speaker there is Dali Oberon Vokal
For rear speakers is Dali Oberon 1
And for sub i use Dali E12-F

I am used on yamaha so atm my first choise is 1080 but i am listening to all opinions
I would go with the Denon 4500. More powerful and a 9.2 avr

9.2 will bring significant improvement, with front or mid heights. I have an enveloping sound stage now. though i moved from 5.1 to 9.1...still.

If you are looking for 5.1.2 capable AVR, then 1080 is a good choice, as well as Marantz SR 5013, Denon x 3500.. Both have 7.2 pre-outs to add power amplifiers..

If you looking beyond 5.1.2, then consider 7.1.4 capable AVR, which members have already suggested.. You can also add Onkyo TX RZ 730 to the list..

If you are looking for 5.1.2 capable AVR, then 1080 is a good choice, as well as Marantz SR 5013, Denon x 3500.. Both have 7.2 pre-outs to add power amplifiers..

If you looking beyond 5.1.2, then consider 7.1.4 capable AVR, which members have already suggested.. You can also add Onkyo TX RZ 730 to the list..

For now i will stay on 5.1 but in future i am considering of 7.1 or 7.2 setup.. so its denon or yamaha...

Get the yamaha 1080 , It has Surround AI feature which I heard in a demo and it sounded amazingly balanced in every scene, be it action, dialogues or music the ai feature automatically optimizes the audio for a balanced listening. Don't know if these type of dynamic AI processing is supported by other receivers.

When i auditioned marantz yamaha and denon, i felt marantz is best choice bcz it have upper hand in music anytime better than other 2, but if ur least intrested in music yamaha could be great usually yamaha have bold and powerfull sound very well suited to movies, and denon was just not my taste it kind of sounded cold. So i think marantz is a win win situation in expensive avr.

I listened Yamaha 1080 several times. I find it bit harsh. Try Yamaha RXV 685 cheap and best with all bells and whistles.

From my experience of owning both Yamaha and Marantz, Yamaha sounded very bold and attacking. If budget is a criterion, go for Yamaha 585 / 685. It would sound great for your speakers.

Marantz on the other side is sweeter and musical. It is costlier than Yamaha but with features, it's better for movies and music.

Do you have any particular reason to consider 1080? Yamaha 1080 and Denon 4500 are in different leagues. Later is much better in terms of feature list. Yet there are several similar options in the market. Take time, audition, go thru the specs and finally take a wise decision.

Last edited:
How Marantz SR6013 will sound in Stereo and HT use with Emotiva A-300 power amplifier for front speakers. Rest of the speakers will be power by Marantz itself. Will it be better than Denon AVR x4500 or similarly price Yamaha A series AVR.

I cannot comment on the stereo performance of 4500 since I heard its movie performance once in my friends home. He is using both A300 and A700 in his HT setup. For sure it should sound good being 150W RMS per channel.

I am running a 2ch (130W RMS) power amplifier from Kenwood which powers my LR. Both in movies and music the clarity level has gone up. Advisable is to power as many channels as possible with separates to reduce the AVR amp section load.

It will considerably run warmer than hotter also power amplifier will constantly free the required power to the speakers resulting in superb sound stage.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back