Yamaha RX-V357 AV Receiver 5.1Ch Sound

PraneethMv

Hi,

I'm pretty new to hifi-vision. This is my first thread.
As a continuation of a project started by my uncle, it is for a super affordable home theatre setup, I have a Yamaha RX-V357 AV Sound Receiver. I'm trying convert a room into a home theatre room. So far i have done these:
1. Mounted a projector screen onto one of the walls and setup the projector ( It is UNIC Home Cinema Projector around 5K INR)
2. Connected Xbox 360 E to the projector with HDMI output for video.
3. Given stereo output from Xbox to Yamaha Receiver for sound.
I've setup Yamaha speakers according to the e-manual of Yamaha. I have 2 Sony Speakers as front speakers, a centre speaker Of Yamaha itself, and also 2 Yamaha speakers as surround speakers. According to the manual i have fixed the surround speakers to the wall in the height of around 2m.
Now, I'm pretty sure that Yamaha gives 5Ch sound by default as the output no matter what the input is. But, what I wanted to know is that is there any way that I can give 5.1 as the input to Yamaha from Xbox so that i get true 5.1 surround sound from the receiver?
Any help is appreciated.
I'm 15 btw, so simple ans will be great! :clapping::clapping:

Hi, I'm 15 btw, so simple ans will be great! :clapping::clapping:

Vow.. at 15 you did a great thing by putting a system together.. Congrats..:clapping:

I'm pretty new to hifi-vision. This is my first thread.

Wc to HFV buddy..Wish you a longer innings here..

As a continuation of a project started by my uncle, it is for a super affordable home theatre setup, I have a Yamaha RX-V357 AV Sound Receiver. I'm trying convert a room into a home theatre room. So far i have done these:
1. Mounted a projector screen onto one of the walls and setup the projector ( It is UNIC Home Cinema Projector around 5K INR)
2. Connected Xbox 360 E to the projector with HDMI output for video.
3. Given stereo output from Xbox to Yamaha Receiver for sound.
I've setup Yamaha speakers according to the e-manual of Yamaha. I have 2 Sony Speakers as front speakers, a centre speaker Of Yamaha itself, and also 2 Yamaha speakers as surround speakers. According to the manual i have fixed the surround speakers to the wall in the height of around 2m.
Now, I'm pretty sure that Yamaha gives 5Ch sound by default as the output no matter what the input is. But, what I wanted to know is that is there any way that I can give 5.1 as the input to Yamaha from Xbox so that i get true 5.1 surround sound from the receiver?
Any help is appreciated.

You have done all you can..Great..But that is a limitation of electronics without Digital co-axial out/optical out..

Your AVR has multi-channel input, which goes waste..

Thanks both,

Praneeth is my nephew and below is the original thread

http://www.hifivision.com/console-p...-xbox-360-when-receiver-doesnt-have-hdmi.html

Praneeth, I found the original monoprice thread here:
http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=7526

Assuming the RCA from Xbox goes into this convertor, other side is hdmi and the Yamaha doesnt have HDMI....check out the details by reading the ebay and monoprice sites and let me know if this works for you. Also check out the last thread in my original thread

Nice to see you become a full fledged member of hifivision and do thank people who respond to your queries. All the best!

Do post some pictures of your Setup as the one I posted was on my screen. Let people how a 3K screen and 4K projectors looks like.....HT for 7K aint bad!

Also Praneeth,

Few pointers:

(a) Never use SMS language..use proper english with no abbreviations or short cuts

(b) Always thank people when you think they have attempted to answer your queries - there is a thank button

(c) If you have done something unique like setting up a dark room with zero or minimal costs - post pictures so that others can learn or advice you to do better.

(d) Do not use the forum for a one to one discussion unless you feel others can learn from it. Otherwise just send a private message to the member and you can communicate personally without wasting Forum space.

Like I have always been saying - this is the right age when you and your friends should tinker with technology - great learning process and nothing like D(o) I(t)Y(ourself). Your dad or I will be glad to sponsor you.

Special mention to Sams9 - he has some great DIY projects you can emulate.

Vow.. at 15 you did a great thing by putting a system together.. Congrats..:clapping:

Wc to HFV buddy..Wish you a longer innings here..

Yea.... :) Thank you for replying....! :clapping::clapping: Will try out everything possible and post some snaps also....:):)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back