Yamaha rx-v373 dead!!! :(

sings.aman

Hi Everyone,

I had an amazing 2 year run with my Yamaha rx-v373... And it died on me :(.. Got it checked at the yamaha service center and came to know that the digital card of the reciever has gone bad and need a replacement.. It was a burned out card and cannot be replaced. The cost of the card alone is around 11K. And there is no warranty on the spares that are being applied.

Now i have some confusion that is it worth spending that much on getting it fixed? Or is it time to get a new one.. I checked and found the new ones start from around 30K.

Please advise, if anyone knows who can assist in getting the spare at cheaper price or a new avr at a cheaper price.

If new avr suggest which one should i go for? I have BA HTS-a2310 speaker set which needs to be connected to the avr.

Thanks
Aman

Well long story short, airtel replaced my dvr with a repaired box. Now the hdmi on the dvr box sent extra current to the avr input source.. Which burnt the card, damaging it completely. Once checked at the back of airtel dvr box, the whole hdmi port was burnt and after taking out the hdmi cable it was all the hdmi chips from the box stuck to it...

I checked through google search but was unable to find the part anywhere.. So am stuck now.. :(

In that case I'd recommend you file a complaint with airtel as well.
In this case i would recommend you to repair it. If you're worried about future issues then the most basic avr which would pair well with ba would be denon avr-x500.

Already filed a complaint, but hey would never accept their fault. Ridiculous contractors they have appointed.

But anyways i saw a deal on hifimart on pioneer vsx523k. Hows this in comparison to denon avr x500

I'm not a fan of pioneer receivers. Have heard them with Polk and they don't perform so well. The fact that they are very bright is the let down. Features and performance wise and also considering the price at which they are...... They are The COMPLETE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK type receivers. If you can have an audition before buying that would really be great

Inown Pioneer 523,very basic powerful set with neutral sound. Connected to Pioneer Andrew Jones speakers. Very good VFM. I was thinking of Denon, but saw they had issues.

Try and listen with your existing speakers before buying AVR.

HDMI burning out and taking the receiver with it is a common problem.
Some people have been able to cook the HDMI cards in the oven and managed to get it working again. I did so on my marantz 5002 as well. But that is neither a solution nor is it really even a repair IMHO. The marantz however worked as a non hdmi receiver when the hdmi went. That alone IMHO justifies their higher $$$. Someone said, it depends on how it dies as well ... which I dont doubt.

I dont know when its going to die again, and if I can heat it again to make it live. And if so how long.
I have also a dead vsx26tx (I think) pioneer with a similar issue, plus some bad solder joints. Its going in the oven - once my wife retires that toaster oven.

Cool.
Srinath.

buy avr 377 for 200$ usa from accessories4less.com and request friend/relative to bring it. otherwise buy thru ishopinternational and it will be at your doorstep within 10-12 days.customs and shipping may be another eight or nine thousand rupees. still you will be saving quite a bit. bought from the seller several times. top rated. also ishopinternational service is v.good.

kannan

buy avr 377 for 200$ usa from accessories4less.com and request friend/relative to bring it. otherwise buy thru ishopinternational and it will be at your doorstep within 10-12 days.customs and shipping may be another eight or nine thousand rupees. still you will be saving quite a bit. bought from the seller several times. top rated. also ishopinternational service is v.good.

kannan

Is this 'Ishopinternational.com' reliable? Has anyone from this forum bought any amp or avr?

Is this 'Ishopinternational.com' reliable? Has anyone from this forum bought any amp or avr?

They are reliable we use them to buy heavy (20KG-150KG) and costly (up to $15000) business products such as routers, switches & storage servers etc for our company. So far hasn't experienced any major issue.

You can also search Aliexpress for your particular board. Another option is parts jimmy. Two online sites who might have your HDMI board. I have bought from Aliexpress and they do deliver, albeit it takes a bit of time. Prices are reasonable.

hi Aman,

I know its pain but if possible file a complain in consumer court if you have not singned any document.

I would say get it repaired and test it thoroughly(all functions) before accepting since it was Airtel box that damaged AVR. It can damage new AVR as well so why spend additional 19K.

kannan

I thought about the same, but then am not sure about the US appliances running on a different volt than Indian Appliances.

hi Aman,

I know its pain but if possible file a complain in consumer court if you have not singned any document.

I would say get it repaired and test it thoroughly(all functions) before accepting since it was Airtel box that damaged AVR. It can damage new AVR as well so why spend additional 19K.

Already filed a complaint, the only documents that were signed was at the time of buying a connection, havent read the details though ( story of most of the consumer ). the complaint was also forwarded to pgportal under ministry of information and broadcasting.

It seems to be HDMI interface is quite vulnerable to voltage variation, my recent experience is also supporting this fact. I have GTPL (Kolkata) HD stb from local cable operator, 5 days ago near my house a distribution amplifier/ Signal booster (which was installed on a Electricity pole) got fried due to short circuit by squirrel. Obviously our STB signal got lost. The cable guy immediately replaced the booster as WC cricket match was being broadcasted. But later, after repaired over at afternoon I found one of my HDMI port (HDMI2) which was connect to the HD STB stopped working, however other HDMI port (HDMI1) was working ok. Though I am not still sure if it was due to the burn out incident of that booster box or not. As the TV was under warranty the company (LG) replaced the whole signal-in board, of course I never mentioned the incident ;) to the service guy. But I am thinking of installing a protective device like this - WyreStorm Express In-Line HDMI Surge Protector | WyreStorm.

I think my main line is enough secured by surge protector and stabilizer. However the signal line from the cable operator is not screened. You may share your valuable opinion and experiences in this regard.

Hi Srisaikat & Everyone,

Need some suggestions in protecting the devices :). Summer is approaching fast, i would like to go for a stabilizer/UPS/inverter.

I need to connect an AVR+TV+PS3+Tatasky. Right now am using belkin surge protector. Am thinking thats not going to help me in multiple power cuts.

Could you please suggest me what will be the best choice and which model will you suggest

Hi Srisaikat & Everyone,

Need some suggestions in protecting the devices :). Summer is approaching fast, i would like to go for a stabilizer/UPS/inverter.

I need to connect an AVR+TV+PS3+Tatasky. Right now am using belkin surge protector. Am thinking thats not going to help me in multiple power cuts.

Could you please suggest me what will be the best choice and which model will you suggest

There are lots of discussion already about this issue, you have to explore around the forum.

Normally online UPS is most preferable, otherwise you can use servo stabilizer with a good quality surge protector (like Belkin), if you want to invest more then buy or import a hospital grade line conditioner.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back