Yamaha rx-v461 amplifier freezes!

argi6argi

Hi,
I have got a Yamaha RX-V461 amplifier connected to 2*Wharfedale 8.4 speakers.
My problem occurs at random time. While the amplifier is working fine, it freezes and a beeeeep sound is heard constantly. There is nothing I can do to stop it. The amplifier is not responding to either the remote control nor to the buttons on it. The only solution to stop this sound, is to unplug the amp while working.
Does anyone have any idea what kind of problem is this? I can't find something wrong with anything.
Thanks in advance.

Hi
You have a nice setup there, anyhow freezing with a shriek needs manufacturers attention, so consult somebody good at electronics
Regards
Subs

Hi,
I have got a Yamaha RX-V461 amplifier connected to 2*Wharfedale 8.4 speakers.
My problem occurs at random time. While the amplifier is working fine, it freezes and a beeeeep sound is heard constantly. There is nothing I can do to stop it. The amplifier is not responding to either the remote control nor to the buttons on it. The only solution to stop this sound, is to unplug the amp while working.
Does anyone have any idea what kind of problem is this? I can't find something wrong with anything.
Thanks in advance.

How old is it? Is it under warranty? What do you have connected to it when this happens?

This may not help but have you tried connecting it to any other power point in the house?

1.may be your unit is detecting an over current problem.
2.There are chances that one of your speakers have some problems. Did you check with another pair of speakers?

3.I am not sure the Impedance difference between spkrs (6 ohms) and amp (4 ohms) is causing the problem. Check whether the amp has an impedance selector.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back