yamaha rx-v463 or denon 1509

tinny9

hi buddies....

i am getting both these products at the same price.
can u tell me which one is better?

movies 75%
music 25%

Speakers : wharfedale moviestar 70.
room size : 10' by 12'.

thanks

in my experience definitely the yamaha if movies are a priority.

My Yamaha RXV-457 which is 5-6 years old is still going strong... adequate for a entry -lower mid end HT system...plenty of fun for the money

hi buddies....

i am getting both these products at the same price.
can u tell me which one is better?

movies 75%
music 25%

Speakers : wharfedale moviestar 70.
room size : 10' by 12'.

thanks

Hi Tinny,

Either one is a really good choice. Depending on your listening tastes, Yamaha is slightly forward (additional treble) while the Denon's are considered slightly laid back. Nothing wrong with these characteristics, it boils down to personal taste. Audition them and pick the one that sounds better.

....However that is not my preference! If you could extend your budget a bit more you can go a long way in future proofing atleast for audio. The Denon 1909 and Yamaha RX-V663 both support the newer audio formats. I personally would go with either one of these but then your budget will determine the decision for you.

BTW, if your dealer carries the HTR line for Yamaha, they are usually sold in big box retail stores and can be had for cheaper. They are identical to the rx-v line thats sold in audio dealerships.

The differences between 2 models with and without newer audio support and zone 2 (no big deal) are below.

661 vs 663
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/compare/De...p_items=552123

6060 vs 6160
http://www.yamaha.com/yec/compare/De...p_items=547398

thanks guys

actually i can stretch my budget upto 25k.

so i have to contain with this.

thanks anyway.

Hi Tinny,

Either one is a really good choice. Depending on your listening tastes, Yamaha is slightly forward (additional treble) while the Denon's are considered slightly laid back. Nothing wrong with these characteristics, it boils down to personal taste. Audition them and pick the one that sounds better.

hi buddy can u shed some more light since i cant audition them as i have to order them without viewing.

so u were saying that denon's is bit more into bass and yamaha into trebble.
overall if u have to say what you would say?

thanks

Both are excellent choices. If you listen to hindi songs and lot of rock n roll, then Yamaha does it nicely. If you are into a bit more slow paced songs, Denon's are fine.

If the speakers you are pairing it with are considered bright, then go with Denon and vice versa.

Both are excellent choices. If you listen to hindi songs and lot of rock n roll, then Yamaha does it nicely. If you are into a bit more slow paced songs, Denon's are fine.

If the speakers you are pairing it with are considered bright, then go with Denon and vice versa.

thanks buddy

Yamaha especially if movies are a priority. I have used the RX-V363 and I can say its great for movies for an entry level system, but not very musical though.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back