YAMAHA RX-V581 with ELAC Debut Bookshelf Speakers as HT Setup

I am surprised at the quote you got for elacs.
In Mumbai Ooberpad actis is selling b5 debut for 23975.inr.
But I would recommend good amps try Norge 1000 worth it for stereo.
Rather than spending on highlypriced international ones

Pl folks at FM let me know is price charge by Ooberpad is correct as they have price guarantee...

Hi

Ooberpad is a platform where most dealers sell their products....you need to check on the warranty bit if officially available from ELAC....that is important...

I am surprised at the quote you got for elacs.
In Mumbai Ooberpad actis is selling b5 debut for 23975.inr.
But I would recommend good amps try Norge 1000 worth it for stereo.
Rather than spending on highlypriced international ones

Pl folks at FM let me know is price charge by Ooberpad is correct as they have price guarantee...

I thought about Ooberpad as well before buying. The discount negotiation didn't go well and their quote was too pricy!

I could get for a good discount as I was ready to make on spot payment for the 5.0 package. :)

Last edited:
Got my YAMAHA receiver in hand some time back. I waited for 2 weeks to receive it from YAMAHA Mumbai distributor. Feeling great. :thumbsup:

I am currently busy with my work (night shift for a month) hence it will take some time to set it up. I will share my review on the receiver and speakers soon. :)

Got my YAMAHA receiver in hand some time back. I waited for 2 weeks to receive it from YAMAHA Mumbai distributor. Feeling great. [emoji106]

I am currently busy with my work (night shift for a month) hence it will take some time to set it up. I will share my review on the receiver and speakers soon. :)
Oh congratulations. Time to get things tuned and then fine tuned and do it all over again. Lol. I am sure Yamaha and Elac will make a good match.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Got my YAMAHA receiver in hand some time back. I waited for 2 weeks to receive it from YAMAHA Mumbai distributor. Feeling great. :thumbsup:

Congrats and enjoy your new setup !
581 is a well built and capable AVR with lot of features.

Oh congratulations. Time to get things tuned and then fine tuned and do it all over again. Lol. I am sure Yamaha and Elac will make a good match.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for your support. I owe my gratitude to you for the guidance you provided for the ELACs.

I got my C&E 14 AWG pure copper speaker cable role (50ft) delivered today from Amazon. :) I will set it up over the weekend and start their accoustic journey.. :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Dear all, I wall mounted rear surrounds above 3 feet at 110' angle from my seating position. If I stand, I would say the speakers' are 6 feet from the ground. Due to which, when I watch a movie, if and only if I stand, I could hear the surround effects. As a trial, I kept the surrounds facing each other like this ( [] --> :) <-- []) surround effect is ok but not exceptional.

Can some one suggest how I can bring better sound quality? The challenge is, I have about 10 feet from the TV and my sofa is the end of 10th feet (I can't pull the sofa towards TV due to space constraint). I could reduce the height of the surrounds but I doubt, it would any bring better sound quality or would remain the same. At the maximum, I could bring one foot down to avoid hitting the head.

I am sharing the pics in this thread to give you a better idea of what I am explaining here.

Please advise, if you have come across this and how you tackled it?

The picture was taken when the ceiling was cleaned, that's why you see a cover in the speakers.

Last edited:
Dear all, I wall mounted rear surrounds above 3 feet at 110' angle from my seating position. If I stand, I would say the speakers' are 6 feet from the ground. Due to which, when I watch a movie, if and only if I stand, I could hear the surround effects. As a trial, I kept the surrounds facing each other like this ( [] --> :) <-- [])

I hope these are surround back speaker's.. I think, you will miss a lot of surround information from this picture you have provided, cause they are not at ear height..

Consider mounting speaker to the sides of the sofa, at ear level position..

surround effect is ok but not exceptional.

Think, this is to do with the source too.. Were you playing a 7.1 movie track ?

Can some one suggest how I can bring better sound quality? The challenge is, I have about 10 feet from the TV and my sofa is the end of 10th feet (I can't pull the sofa towards TV due to space constraint). I could reduce the height of the surrounds but I doubt, it would any bring better sound quality or would remain the same. At the maximum, I could bring one foot down to avoid hitting the head.

I am sharing the pics in this thread to give you a better idea of what I am explaining here.

Please advise, if you have come across this and how you tackled it?

If surround back positioning is a challenge, you can consider front heights as an option..

I seriously feel the Elac B5's are not needed at all as surrounds, going by your picture, I think you can go with satellite speakers for surrounds which you can tilt them according to your seating position or go for typical surround speakers like R-14SA in which the speakers will be in the slanting position. Think about it.

Do you have walls to the sides of the sofa? Can you give the room layout?
Googling "surround sound couch against wall" throws up lots of suggestions.

I hope these are surround back speaker's.. I think, you will miss a lot of surround information from this picture you have provided, cause they are not at ear height..

Consider mounting speaker to the sides of the sofa, at ear level position..

Think, this is to do with the source too.. Were you playing a 7.1 movie track ?

If surround back positioning is a challenge, you can consider front heights as an option..

I bought as a package with in ELAC family, so B5s are part of the surrounds. As of now, its a 5.1 setup only. If its kept facing each other at 90', I get the surround effect but above my head. I guess I should bring it down to the height where it does not hit the head.

Do you have walls to the sides of the sofa? Can you give the room layout?
Googling "surround sound couch against wall" throws up lots of suggestions.

Its a corner sofa (L shaped). The left surround that you see has a sofa cum bed. On the other side of the sofa (where it ends), I can move the stand and keep it in 110' and bring it down by a feet.

As of now, its a 5.1 setup only. If its kept facing each other at 90', I get the surround effect but above my head. I guess I should bring it down to the height where it does not hit the head.

Measure you ear height from the floor on the couch (Say 37/38 inches).. Match the tweeter height to it on either sides of your listening position..

Mount one of your speaker on the "L" shape corner at ear height and mount the other speaker at the same height, facing you ears..

Back