yamaha RX- V663...suggest speakers please

gannyboy

Dear friends

Its a treasure house of info here for audiophiles . I am very glad to post this thread, eagerly awaiting your valuable suggestions. I have plans to buy sony 40 inch V series full HD LCD and i have also zeroed in to get the yamaha receiver 663. Iam lured by the yamaha floor standers and the works. My budget for the speakers alone at present would be 30k. Should i go for the floor standers and a centre component now and add stuff later to complete my home theater or if u can suggest any better ideas. I am more into music and a little of movie watching too. Kindly suggest the floor standers for me also....thanks a lot guys!! :)

Dear friends

Its a treasure house of info here for audiophiles . I am very glad to post this thread, eagerly awaiting your valuable suggestions. I have plans to buy sony 40 inch V series full HD LCD and i have also zeroed in to get the yamaha receiver 663. Iam lured by the yamaha floor standers and the works. My budget for the speakers alone at present would be 30k. Should i go for the floor standers and a centre component now and add stuff later to complete my home theater or if u can suggest any better ideas. I am more into music and a little of movie watching too. Kindly suggest the floor standers for me also....thanks a lot guys!! :)

Since you are more in to music then i suggest you to go for floor standers. Audition Mission 35i and wharfedale 9.5/9.6.

Thanks soo much prakash..what woud be the price of wharfedale floor standers at xcite, Bangalore? It sounds from the forum that its one of the cheaper places around for audio equipments..Thanks again.

Thanks soo much prakash..what woud be the price of wharfedale floor standers at xcite, Bangalore? It sounds from the forum that its one of the cheaper places around for audio equipments..Thanks again.

Xcite doesn't deal with wharfedale speakers. I saw only Jamo and Yamaha speakers there.

You can contact Anand from Decibels, Bangalore on 09886722937, they deal in Wharfedales. Some of our members have interacted with them and found them to be very good.

thanks prakash, iauto..
Prakash, like u suggested iam keeping wharfs as my first option but are there any yamaha floor standers that match up to them? your views please.

thanks prakash, iauto..
Prakash, like u suggested iam keeping wharfs as my first option but are there any yamaha floor standers that match up to them? your views please.

gannyboy, its i audio, and you are welcome.

Gernerally its considered that its best to look to the Japs for electronics and the Brits for loudspeakers! Again I say, generally. I think you have the yamaha 8900 series floorstanders which you could check out with your avr.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back