Yamaha RX-V663 where to buy in delhi

Reviving this thread...

Any idea where I can audition Yamaha AVR's in Delhi. Everywhere I see only Denon and Onkyo's.

I am aware of Yamaha AVR's in gurgaon (metropolitan mall I think), but I need a place in Delhi where I can audition them.

Thanks,
Bhaskie

Also, if anyone knows the MRP of the V663 (including warranty and VAT), please post it here.

For Yamaha, I have visited Gemini near the Red Fort (I got the contact details on this forum). The gentleman there, Mr Bharat Gupta (93111 55528) had several models available to audition, but not the 863.

I found him to be a fair and straight dealing person.

Having said, I am disappointed with almost all Delhi based dealers/retailers ans I get a lingering feeling of being conned.

Cheers and happy hunting!

For Yamaha, I have visited Gemini near the Red Fort (I got the contact details on this forum). The gentleman there, Mr Bharat Gupta (93111 55528) had several models available to audition, but not the 863.

I found him to be a fair and straight dealing person.

Having said, I am disappointed with almost all Delhi based dealers/retailers ans I get a lingering feeling of being conned.

Cheers and happy hunting!

Hi,

I was just going through your thread : http://www.hifivision.com/introductions/2881-hello-need-avr-speaker-advice-3.html

I am planning to audition the Yamaha V663 (the 863 does not give anything I need for the extra price). Can you tell me where you were getting the 863 for that price? (you'd mentioned: AVR: RS 57K tax paid, or Rs 44K (grey mkt))
Any idea on the price of 663 as well?

Thanks!
Bhaskie

Hi,

I was just going through your thread : http://www.hifivision.com/introductions/2881-hello-need-avr-speaker-advice-3.html

I am planning to audition the Yamaha V663 (the 863 does not give anything I need for the extra price). Can you tell me where you were getting the 863 for that price? (you'd mentioned: AVR: RS 57K tax paid, or Rs 44K (grey mkt))
Any idea on the price of 663 as well?

Thanks!
Bhaskie

Bhaskie; for 57K, check with Gemini (Bharat Gupta, 93111 55528) and for the grey market stuff, check with Tanuj, Sight & Sound, 9310339238). Bharat does not deal with grey.

Happy hunting!

I picked up a 663 from Raghu of Decibel for 39,400 about two weeks ago. I believe the prices have recently gone up and is closer to 50K. I am sure price for the 863 has also gone up. All these are official prices with bill and warranty.

If any of you are serious, get in touch with Raghu. He is a member here.

Cheers

I picked up a 663 from Raghu of Decibel for 39,400 about two weeks ago. I believe the prices have recently gone up and is closer to 50K. I am sure price for the 863 has also gone up. All these are official prices with bill and warranty.

Cheers

Hey Venkat

whats the reason for the 20% jump?

whats the reason for the 20% jump?

Well the distributors are quoting currency fluctuation, transportation, and other reasons. Raghu was telling me the prices of all products have gone up including amps, speakers. and players.

Sad. I though with worldwide recession, prices will be lower. But we seem to be getting jacked from all sides. Fortunately I saved over 20,000 by placing the orders around 25th of December.

Cheers

Cheers

bad news.. yammy prices hiked by 20-25% last week. All AVR's getting very expensive. Just when I finalized the AVR, this had to happen :(

V663 for around 48K :(

Venkat, do you think it's a good idea getting this AVR from US? I am getting it for $429 (free shipping + 0 taxes) from Abes of Maine (I have bought cameras etc from there several times earlier) == 21K. I am just worried about the fact that if something goes wrong, I will be in a fix.

21K + voltage conv (3K?) == 24k, still half of what I will be paying in India. I am tempted :p

thoughts?

~bhaskie

Well the distributors are quoting currency fluctuation, transportation, and other reasons. Raghu was telling me the prices of all products have gone up including amps, speakers. and players.

Sad. I though with worldwide recession, prices will be lower. But we seem to be getting jacked from all sides. Fortunately I saved over 20,000 by placing the orders around 25th of December.

Cheers

its only happening in India? I don't see US prices increasing. In fact I am checking the possibility of getting the V663 from US for $430 (~22K)
Its really sad the way prices are getting hiked :(

21K + voltage conv (3K?) == 24k, still half of what I will be paying in India. I am tempted :p
thoughts?

There is no harm in getting the product from the US as long as you do not have to pay for transportation and customs.

Personally I am uncomfortable with getting a 110 volts system into India. If you have some you know in Dubai or Singapore you will not only get 220 volts, but the transportation time will be much less. It will be same cost in Dubai and Singapore.

If you have to get it from the US, try some shops in NY that sell for 'export'. They will have a 220 volts version.

Cheers

Venkat, do you think it's a good idea getting this AVR from US? I am getting it for $429 (free shipping + 0 taxes) from Abes of Maine (I have bought cameras etc from there several times earlier) == 21K.

~bhaskie

Shipping charges is 125 US $. This will show up when you select the country as India.
Thanks,Prakash.

There is no harm in getting the product from the US as long as you do not have to pay for transportation and customs.

Personally I am uncomfortable with getting a 110 volts system into India. If you have some you know in Dubai or Singapore you will not only get 220 volts, but the transportation time will be much less. It will be same cost in Dubai and Singapore.

If you have to get it from the US, try some shops in NY that sell for 'export'. They will have a 220 volts version.

Cheers

True, got the 663 from singapore just 3 days back, for S$ 866 ~ 27500 INR...

Cheers

Raghu has offered me 40K last month, he said he has 1 or 2 pieces are available at old price. Unfortunately I could not go for it.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back