Yamaha RXV-685 residual current on screws and vents and usb port in india

It is not there now. I can understand your concern as I experienced the same. Try what I suggested and let us know. You don't need to sell your avr.
i did do it earlier and did it again now.actually i had it connected to a vguard stabilizer which is in turn connected to a belkin surge protector.so wat i did was i took it out and connected to the socket directly both ways.i had read abt this polarized plug thing.
then i went ahead and connected it in other rooms and even two other homes hoping against hope for it not to be an AVR issue.but it was still there.
its not that i am being a pain in the a** but the reason i want to sell is because it really concerns me to have a malfunctioning barely one month old device to be repaired or to do DIY by connecting wires to screws and grounding it.i think i didnt pay this much money to go around repairing or doing DIY.

can yamaha rxv685 owners who read this pls also check and send the images.reason got to send those to the seller to show this.besides i am also mulling the option to send a legal notice to yamaha and have talked to a lawyer for selling such devices to customers and being totally absent from the scene with the cust at the mercy of dealers and service centres and with no points of escalation

thanks.i had read this.wat i understood is sm have this and sm dont.and thats wat is concerning.does it mean that sm devices are faulty and others not?then isnt it smthng yamaha needs to have a look at?it cannot be that a company produces x items with random pieces possibly being defective.also this isnt static current i guess.got nothing to do with carpets etc.i do have an mcb at my home.and the only thing worth noting is the rainy season but how valid is that.are we just throwing around options for this problem.asking sincerely and also thinking out loudly

its confusing with some saying dont ground it and sm saying ground it or ur hdmi boards will fry

The one who said don't ground it is I - Direct AC leakage on chassis is very different from small induced currents
The former is extremely dangerous but based on what you have described, that does not appear to be the case.

Induced voltage on the other hand can have a high potential difference but will have very low current - you should be able to check the voltage with a DMM
It's an annoyance for sure but don't fret about it
Another easy check would be to disconnect all other devices (esp HDMI) from your AVR and just leave the speakers and power hooked
Then see if you still get a shock. If not, then you know your AVR is fine

The one who said don't ground it is I - Direct AC leakage on chassis is very different from small induced currents
The former is extremely dangerous but based on what you have described, that does not appear to be the case.

Induced voltage on the other hand can have a high potential difference but will have very low current - you should be able to check the voltage with a DMM
It's an annoyance for sure but don't fret about it
Another easy check would be to disconnect all other devices (esp HDMI) from your AVR and just leave the speakers and power hooked
Then see if you still get a shock. If not, then you know your AVR is fine
ok so i did disconnect every device last week itself and checked.it was still there.if this shudnt idealy happen why is this there on my avr?

If it is designed with a 2 prong pin, you can expect some current leakage on any electronic device.
Only you can tell what the magnitude/intensity is. If its very noticeable even when disconnected, I would ask for a replacement.

Do note that even low current devices like laptops with a metal chassis will give a mild tingling if lightly touched.

In a perfect world, all components inside all electronics would be EMI shielded - but that is not the case.

If it is designed with a 2 prong pin, you can expect some current leakage on any electronic device.
Only you can tell what the magnitude/intensity is. If its very noticeable even when disconnected, I would ask for a replacement.

Do note that even low current devices like laptops with a metal chassis will give a mild tingling if lightly touched.

In a perfect world, all components inside all electronics would be EMI shielded - but that is not the case.
ok guys an update .i thought in standby mode there is no current but there is.once disconnected from the supply no there isnt any

say i buy a mutimeter tomorrow morning.how do i measure.i can put one end on the vent or the usb.where do i put the other end of the mutimeter as the refernce
or base

I did test and no static electricity anywhere.
great so then its a manufacturing defect for sure.so anyways sending a legal notice to yamaha next week.lets see wat happens.they have been totally missing.i dont know how a company selling so many expensive devices,much more than these avrs happen to have just service centre
numbers and nothing else for escalation.i sent a mail to them with the details and wat they replied with was the website link to their page to find the nearest service centre

Thats the voltage which i got on the body of my Yamaha RX-V685

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-08 at 3.51.32 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-08 at 3.51.32 PM.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 22

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-08-08 at 3.51.32 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-08-08 at 3.51.32 PM.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 8
issue has been verified by yamaha service centre and it exists.but around 5V ac with the analog multimeter set at 10V reading.only thing is they are still giving contradictory messages.wen i say my unit is defective they say only urs is.wen i say sm other similar ones do they them say its normal.so wen i go ahead and ask them to make up their mind they go on beating the bush without addressing it.i have this feeling that there is some flaw smwhere..either latest designs or quality testing.otherwise they cant have auch variations across models and even with units of a similar model.
Thats why i asked everyone here to check as yamaha is going to keep in denying till this gets huge and it can no more ignore.otherwise seeing their attitude and arrogance this will keep repeating in future modes too

Nope doesnt have to.In this case its like flipping a coin.Some yamaha models including diff devices of same model either have it or dont.Its like flipping a coin and landing with either of one.Thats not perfect/imperfect but either a design issue or a serious QA fault.

Now to reiterate Yamaha itself claims its devices dont have it and only mine does.Please see the attached reply to my mail.

Well thats because that company isnt testing its products well.Because say tomorrow apple makes 6 phones it cant say that 3 phones of same make will have 3hr battery backup whereas the other 3 will have 6hr backup.Also this would become a huge issue if thats the case across various models in various regions.

Thing is Yamaha itself is giving self contradictory messages.

When i say mines a defective one they say yes only urs.But wen i insist no some others do have this, they say its there on every device and when i again reiterate that another similar model doesnt ,they will go around saying something else save answer the question i posed because even they know that they cant possibly explain it.

Only a single service branch manager accepted that its a flaw and said thanks for informing us about it so that we can report and tak e care later.Genuine or not but seriously thats why am asking other Yamaha users across regions to check and report.Probably service centres and Yamaha company call centres may not be as incompetent as ours in your respective regions.

Attachments

• yamahaissue.png
    yamahaissue.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 15
I had experienced very mild electric current on my marantz amp. After consulting a technical person i had given running earth to my Tata Sky set top box which is connected to avr through HDMI cable. After that there's no electrical current at all.

I had experienced very mild electric current on my marantz amp. After consulting a technical person i had given running earth to my Tata Sky set top box which is connected to avr through HDMI cable. After that there's no electrical current at all.
i didnt get u.i too have a tatsky box but by running do u mean u ran a wire to the box.can u pls elaborate

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back