Yamaha RXV992

haripkv

Hi friends,

I have a rx v992 avr and using it for last two years. I bought this from olx and ownership history is not known. I like its sweet sound, however at times it gives out sparking sound (mild) from its right channel. Though i have listed it on olx (ofcourse with details of distortion) , i like to keep it with me since it pairs well with my speakers and being my first purchase.

I would like to know whether it is repairable being this much old. Though i dont know its ownership history, i assume it must be 16-20 years old.

When it is given a clean input from schiit dac, the distortion is minimum and is audible only on some days (purely depends on its mood).

when it is given a optical input directly, the distortion is clearly audible.

Thank you.

Old receivers are easier to repair. Yamaha has made some good receivers in the past. Get is checked by some audio technician. Have been using the rxv 2095 and it still performs well compared with newer receivers.

I have taken this to a technician it performs well there. But returning home it performs as per its mood.

If any1 has contats of dependable technicians at Delhi, pls share.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back