Yamaha VX r-373 stopped working require a new AVR

abhi12

Hello guys i need your help. i bought yamaha VX r373 for my bose acoustimass 5 series in 2012. the amplifier functioned well for 4 years when all of a sudden 20 days back it stopped working(it wouldnt power up). i gave it to the dealer from where i bought for repair. after 4-5 days they called up and said that the board will be replaced for 12k, i said go ahead and fix it. now( 2 days back) they call up and say that we have replaced the board but still the amp is not working and the problem cannot be rectified and also adds that your model is discontinued. the guys says you can buy a denon 520bt avr from us for 33k with 1 year warranty and another demo harman kardon model(used for demo purpose 5-6 mths)for 18k without any warranty. i am confused now what to do? my budget is around 25-30k not more than that but i want something similar to VX r-373 or better.

awaiting your responses guys.

thank you

Hello guys i need your help. i bought yamaha VX r373 for my bose acoustimass 5 series in 2012. the amplifier functioned well for 4 years when all of a sudden 20 days back it stopped working(it wouldnt power up). i gave it to the dealer from where i bought for repair. after 4-5 days they called up and said that the board will be replaced for 12k, i said go ahead and fix it. now( 2 days back) they call up and say that we have replaced the board but still the amp is not working and the problem cannot be rectified and also adds that your model is discontinued. the guys says you can buy a denon 520bt avr from us for 33k with 1 year warranty and another demo harman kardon model(used for demo purpose 5-6 mths)for 18k without any warranty. i am confused now what to do? my budget is around 25-30k not more than that but i want something similar to VX r-373 or better.

awaiting your responses guys.

thank you

Oh sorry to hear that buddy.. So i understand that you will now get back your 12K where the HDMI board failed ?

See if your dead AVR can fetch any value with the same dealer.. They use the good parts from it to service other AVR's..

Once you have a rough idea of the amount you will have after exchange, you can then look for new AVR models..

Oh sorry to hear that buddy.. So i understand that you will now get back your 12K where the HDMI board failed ?

See if your dead AVR can fetch any value with the same dealer.. They use the good parts from it to service other AVR's..

Once you have a rough idea of the amount you will have after exchange, you can then look for new AVR models..

Hey I haven't paid anything till now. I did ask him what can i get dor my amp the guy said nothing its useless now. I will ask for something as u said the parts can fetch me something. An suggestions for decent amp within 30k?

Hi

You mentioned that you are using Bose Acoustimass 5 which is a stereo setup....do you still want to go in for an avr? You would be better off with a good stereo integrated amp....HiFimart selling Marantz with 10% off...

If you have additional speakers and want an AVR, would suggest you look at some base model avrs of Yamaha......else For Sale by Owner section or HiFiads.com have got reasonable deals .....

All the best

Hey I haven't paid anything till now. I did ask him what can i get dor my amp the guy said nothing its useless now. I will ask for something as u said the parts can fetch me something. An suggestions for decent amp within 30k?

Ok.. Great..Try pushing him, may be 5 - 7K is also good value for your dead AVR..

For 30K, you can again look @ Yamaha 3xx series of AVR as it should be similarly priced... Pioneer VSX series too..

Hi

You mentioned that you are using Bose Acoustimass 5 which is a stereo setup....do you still want to go in for an avr? You would be better off with a good stereo integrated amp....HiFimart selling Marantz with 10% off...

If you have additional speakers and want an AVR, would suggest you look at some base model avrs of Yamaha......else For Sale by Owner section or HiFiads.com have got reasonable deals .....

All the best

Hey can you please tell me the basic difference b/w an AVR and a stereo integrated amp? will it produce the same sound effect as an AVR? i was very happy with my yamaha and i am looking for something similar. also does extra watts translate into high volumes(loudness not compromising on clarity)? yamaha had 100w per channel now i am looking at pioneer model around 25k with 115w per channel.do i am still a naive in all these things.

thank you.

Ok.. Great..Try pushing him, may be 5 - 7K is also good value for your dead AVR..

For 30K, you can again look @ Yamaha 3xx series of AVR as it should be similarly priced... Pioneer VSX series too..

Hey yes i will certainly ask for something. i was looking at the yamaha india website and most of the products have been discontinued. came across yamaha HTR-2067 same specifications as VX r 373, amazon is selling for 27k. pioneer vsx -330 105w 26k on amazon but how would you compare a pioneer to yamaha or denon? is it the same as bmw vs merc vs audi?

thank you.

Now that you have experienced Yamaha, I suggest now you may start looking at Denon or Marantz....preferably the latter. If budget is a concern why not look at some pre-owned stuffs.
Extra watts not necessarily translate to high volumes, its just that the AVR can drive the speakers comfortably that will give you a richer and clarifty sound.

Hi,

Avr is either 5.1 or 7.1 setup...used mainly to enjoy effects and surround sound for movies, music, concerts etc.

It has digital inputs and often used as a hub to connect all components like set top box, blu ray, media player, TV etc.

Stereo intergated amplifier is 2 channel and is ideal for music listen pleasure...sound is pure, punchier and loud (depends on output etc) the inputs are mostly analog (RCA L + R) and some high end brands have coaxial....

Since you use Bose Acousticmass 5, this is stereo, even if you get an amp which is 35+35 watts minimum, it will drive the speakers...you can look at amps which output 50-80 watts per channel.

If budget is a challenge, see For Sale by Owner, lots of ads

Now that you have experienced Yamaha, I suggest now you may start looking at Denon or Marantz....preferably the latter. If budget is a concern why not look at some pre-owned stuffs.
Extra watts not necessarily translate to high volumes, its just that the AVR can drive the speakers comfortably that will give you a richer and clarifty sound.
Thank you. I've shortlisted denon 520bt which has Bluetooth connectivity and yamaha 3067 need to finalise between the 2. Most probably ill go for denon.

Thank you once again for the help much appreciated.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back