Yamaha YHT-1840 vs YHT-3072

abhinavad3r

Hello all,

If we ignore the bluetooth connectivity in YHT-3072 how better is it than the 1840? Is it worth spending 20k more?

Noob here and this would be my first step into the Hi-fi sound. Definitely looking to upgrade the speakers in the future.

Regards.

Amplifier power and speakers except subwoofer are same in both packages

YHT 3072 supports Dolby TruHD & DTS HD MA, YPAO calibration, 8" active sub woofer.

If your usage is more into streaming apps like netflix or prime go for YHT 1840.

Hello all,

If we ignore the bluetooth connectivity in YHT-3072 how better is it than the 1840? Is it worth spending 20k more?

Noob here and this would be my first step into the Hi-fi sound. Definitely looking to upgrade the speakers in the future.

Regards.

the 3072 has more features and also calibration setup which helps in better sound. You can read the Yamaha owners thread for first had experience and reviews which can help to steer your decision

Amplifier power and speakers except subwoofer are same in both packages

YHT 3072 supports Dolby TruHD & DTS HD MA, YPAO calibration, 8" active sub woofer.

If your usage is more into streaming apps like netflix or prime go for YHT 1840.
Why Netflix and prime video usage has no advantage with yht 3072 over yht 1840?

I might be going to use it for mostly Netflix, prime video and other OTT platforms.

Why Netflix and prime video usage has no advantage with yht 3072 over yht 1840?

I might be going to use it for mostly Netflix, prime video and other OTT platforms.
Because streaming services don't use TrueHD or DTS HD formats. These formats are used by Blu-Ray or Play Station content.

I am looking of Yam aha 3072IN Model in the market but i could'nt find any where can any one help me with availability.

Check with Jio Mart / Reliance

I have both a proper HT with a receiver and floor standers...etc and in another floor I have the Yamaha 1840. Night and day difference between the two. If you are looking at HT seriously and willing to allocate money every few months - I would suggest build it slowly. If you have friends and family coming from US - of course it will get way cheaper.

However if its a once time purchase and budget is around the 35K mark, go with the Yamaha

Check with Jio Mart / Reliance
Looks like every one is running out of stock...it's hard to find even with the dealers they are suggesting different models instead of those.

IMHO, if you go with any HTIB, you will feel the need to upgrade your speakers and subwoofer in couple of years. I have been through the same experience with YHT-299.

Looks like every one is running out of stock...it's hard to find even with the dealers they are suggesting different models instead of those.

There is a shortage in the market, stock is not as before and prices have gone up. Most are looking at pre owned options if available as it becomes budget friendly and works as an interim solution for now tills stock and prices regularize.

If you are open to pre owned, check the classifieds section or olx.

Back