yamaha YHT-195 must try!

Amitn73me

hello to everyone this is my first thread in this forum
this thread is for all those who are seeking for best home theater system

yesterday i went to vijay sales to take the demo of philips htib hts-4750 but due to unavailability of this model i was unable to take the demo but the sales representative over there have convinced me to take the demo of yamaha YHT-195 and belive me guys after just sitting in demo room for about 5 minutes i was just blown away by this system,superb bass punch and amazing audio playback quality and with dts movies you will definitely give the miss to your nearby theaters.more on this system comes with a/v receiver which is healthy enough to take speaker of 300w rms at each channel,so in case if u want to upgrade speaker in future u can do so,unlike the other other htib which have in built amps. which lead to change whole system which means wast of appx.20 to 22k
i am very happy to have this system:yahoo:
so,for all those seeking for good htib go for this home theater component system.

I am glad you liked YHT-195. Each of us have our preferences and we should love what we hear thats what is important irrespective of the brands etc.

Just wanted to ask you, how did you find it is 300 rms per channel. As far as my knowledge goes it was 100 rms per channel (max of 135 rms per channel). To pump 300 rms per channel is like a Ferrari car's speed which a VFM model will never do.

You might want to check the output again, as I don't want you to buy it thinking its 300 rms so you can upgrade to a better speakers later.

hello to everyone this is my first thread in this forum
this thread is for all those who are seeking for best home theater system

yesterday i went to vijay sales to take the demo of philips htib hts-4750 but due to unavailability of this model i was unable to take the demo but the sales representative over there have convinced me to take the demo of yamaha YHT-195 and belive me guys after just sitting in demo room for about 5 minutes i was just blown away by this system,superb bass punch and amazing audio playback quality and with dts movies you will definitely give the miss to your nearby theaters.more on this system comes with a/v receiver which is healthy enough to take speaker of 300w rms at each channel,so in case if u want to upgrade speaker in future u can do so,unlike the other other htib which have in built amps. which lead to change whole system which means wast of appx.20 to 22k
i am very happy to have this system:yahoo:
so,for all those seeking for good htib go for this home theater component system.

Amit - sounds like you're really thrilled with how it sounds - thats always good. Can you help by providing the following information if you have:
1. What was the final price?
2. Is there an image online where i can see this system?

Myself being an owner of yamaha AV I do not want to disappoint you.
But really it is NOT 300 W /RMs system in fact strictly said I think yamahas are just 25-40 W RMS/CH systems...
The AV amp is RX-V 363

As per specs sheet The power is 135 W RMS MAX @ 6 OHMS @ 1 KHZ At 10% Distortion!!!!!!

Now generally a premimum amp power is given at 20 HZ -20 KHZ at 0.05% Distortion and generally at 8 Ohms( Experts please correct)

It is unfortunate that yamaha too like sony started specs-bragging.

I had a Harmon Kardon AVR in Dubai just 40 W RMS Per Ch and it was far powerful than my friends yamaha and my earlier Kenwood

It is good you like the sound ( myself too like Yamaha) bu 300 W RMS PC is too far stretched imagination!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::licklips:

When you get chance just here Bryston or Mc Intosh - maybe JUST 100+ 100 W RMS PC Stereo and you will realize what real power is!:lol:

Amit - sounds like you're really thrilled with how it sounds - thats always good. Can you help by providing the following information if you have:
1. What was the final price?
2. Is there an image online where i can see this system?

hi vaibhav yes it sounds was very good
and the final price was 21999/-(one day offer) and yes u have to arrange dvd player separately
also u can check the image and other specification over here
Product Details | YAMAHA Music India Pvt. Ltd.

Last edited:
I am glad you liked YHT-195. Each of us have our preferences and we should love what we hear thats what is important irrespective of the brands etc.

Just wanted to ask you, how did you find it is 300 rms per channel. As far as my knowledge goes it was 100 rms per channel (max of 135 rms per channel). To pump 300 rms per channel is like a Ferrari car's speed which a VFM model will never do.

You might want to check the output again, as I don't want you to buy it thinking its 300 rms so you can upgrade to a better speakers later.

well i dont know but their sales representative told me this !
and also he gave me demo on other speakers of yamaha which were towers with in built subwoofer in each 4 speakers along with one center speaker
on the same amp htr 6130 and output was definitely better then yht-195
sorry i dont know model no of that speakers but they were looking very powerful.
if i'll get time then i will visit that person and will ask him that at what evidence he told me that the amp.support 300w rms/pc
sorry if i have given any wrong info.
but still my experience with this system was amazing:eek:hyeah:

Cool
And really liked your modesty
And about System and Drinks I always say,
If you like it, then nothing like it and now enjoy!!!

BTW from which part of mumbai u r? I am from Sanpada,orignal resident of Goregaon .

Just 1 suggestion - Buy a good DVD player and decent Co Axial - Optical cable - also If you have LCD /Plsma HDMI is must!:eek:hyeah::lol::D

Cool
And really liked your modesty
And about System and Drinks I always say,
If you like it, then nothing like it and now enjoy!!!

BTW from which part of mumbai u r? I am from Sanpada,orignal resident of Goregaon .

Just 1 suggestion - Buy a good DVD player and decent Co Axial - Optical cable - also If you have LCD /Plsma HDMI is must!:eek:hyeah::lol::D

thanks for the advise hemant
i am from charkop,sub area of kandivali

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back