yamaha yht 195

suprateep

Hi Giuys one of my friends got a Yamaha YHT 195 for around 21k ( asteal i believe since yamaha raised the prices of the AVRs). He plans to upgrade to better bookshelves and stereo amp later - speakers first.

The thing is he is a student and has a tight budget and wants to justice to the included speakers for the time being. He is using his HTPC to pass audio to the AVR HTR 6130 and using his speakers. The sound appears to be bassy with no highs - all is on default settings according to him.

When i did audition the YHT 195 i felt it was very forward with thew mids and highs. He has a small room.

Any ideas what settings he should apply from the menu system. I am clueless about the Yamahas. Please help

Hi,

Yamaha YHT comprises of rx-v363 and NSP 270. How come HTR series receiver is bundled with this?

Also try the straight mode in this unit to see if it improves the sound quality.

Thanks,
Prakash

Hi,

Yamaha YHT comprises of rx-v363 and NSP 270. How come HTR series receiver is bundled with this?

Also try the straight mode in this unit to see if it improves the sound quality.

Thanks,
Prakash

did that actually. I was wondering if the speakers can be set to small like onkyo and derive the low frequency from he sub. What are the settings?

did that actually. I was wondering if the speakers can be set to small like onkyo and derive the low frequency from he sub. What are the settings?

Kindly see either the manual of rx363(page 45/46) or htr 6130. (page 44/45).

They have told how to set the speakers to large or small.

Thanks,
Prakash

@suprateep:
Can u plz tell me frm where did ur friend buy yht-195 for 21k. I am situated in mumbai and want to buy the same for my home.

thanks

@suprateep:
Can u plz tell me frm where did ur friend buy yht-195 for 21k. I am situated in mumbai and want to buy the same for my home.

thanks

call up the prabhadevi office of vijay sales - ask for robert who deals in HT. You can mention my name and referance and he will get you a deal. Vijay Sales has a long standing association with Yamaha hence the deal. Do bargain with the prices mentioned here though even for 1k. BTW if you have try getting decent floor standers or bookshelves. While for movies YHT 195 is fun, with stereo it suffers because of plasticky satellites.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back