Yamaha YHT 299 V/s Harmond kardon avr 70 with hkts 5

navhibhp

I have just booked a sony w900a 3d HD tv for my home. I"m looking for a good home theater system. After looking into all the forums, I have narrowed down with the below 2 products.
1) Yamaha YHT 299
2) Harmon Kardon hkts 5 with AVR 70

Please help me choose between the two Harmon Kardon is slightly costly ( 40K) than yamaha but Yahama says that it has more features for its price ( 33K).

Please provide me with your inputs. For a great Tv i'm looking for a quality sound.
My option If both produce same quality output then i will go for yamaha.

Hai navhibhp I am also planning to buy an htib either yamaha yht 299 or onkyo hts 4505 have to take.an audition can you please tell me from which store in Bangalore did you got the price of 33k

I have just booked a sony w900a 3d HD tv for my home. I"m looking for a good home theater system. After looking into all the forums, I have narrowed down with the below 2 products.
1) Yamaha YHT 299
2) Harmon Kardon hkts 5 with AVR 70

Please help me choose between the two Harmon Kardon is slightly costly ( 40K) than yamaha but Yahama says that it has more features for its price ( 33K).

Please provide me with your inputs. For a great Tv i'm looking for a quality sound.
My option If both produce same quality output then i will go for yamaha.

Yes!Yamaha :eek:hyeah:

One of my friend recently bought yamaha 299. Very impressive sound... Go for it...

BTW, is it Yamaha AVR 375+ Yamaha p40 speaker and can speakers be upgradable in future? (he wants to go for an upgrade in 3 months - either BA XS or S..)

One of my friend recently bought yamaha 299. Very impressive sound... Go for it...

BTW, is it Yamaha AVR 375+ Yamaha p40 speaker and can speakers be upgradable in future? (he wants to go for an upgrade in 3 months - either BA XS or S..)

Yes upgrade is very much possible

Today I auditioned at Reliance digital, yamaha yht 299 and pioneer rs 33, Pioneer is clear winner both in movies and music according to me, it is very powerful and have got good sound stage and bass is powerful too.I don't no that much technical and not an audiophile but it was good compared to yamaha.

hi guys am anand.I want to buy a home theater for my 20/16 living room.Seen the model yht 299 and Pioneer rs 33.Denon with polk audio package rm 6750.Kindly give an idea which one is better.My budget around 50 k.

Hi palanivel

Honestly from personal experience I don't feel inclined to Pioneer.....you should audition Yamaha and Denon and take a call which appeals to you in terms of appearance, size, performance and budget....

The YHT 299 may have a good receiver but speakers are full range without separate tweeters.....on the otherhand the Denon package seems appealing where the Polk satellites rm 6750 are real 2 way speakers which are at 8 ohms load....what Denon receiver is giving? X500?

I would be more inclined towards the Polk package and Denon AVR.....

Just take an audition and then decide ,coz the audio taste preference differs person to person,and u r going to own it ,so decide according to ur preferences..Based on my personal experience Almost all systems(Pioneer/Yamaha/Denon/Onkyo) in the same scale of model packages are good enough .The pros n cons of each system varies. So u decide it according to ur hearing taste bcoz u r going to njoy it.

If u ask My preference from the above ..
I'll go for either YHT 299 or Denon with Polkaudio..

One more suggestion ..better to invest high in good speaker package rather in AVR..
select a good speaker packagesystem(Polkaudio/wharfedale/jamo etc..)based on ur hearing taste wiand then an AVR according to compatibilty of speakers.
Becoz the AVR technology features may changes frequently than the speaker technology.
Ofcourse for doing all the above u need some good budget(min 60k)...
Some experts in the forum can help on this...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back