Yamaha yt 1840 Home theatre needs more Bass!!!

John Deepak

Recently Purchased Yamaha yt 1840, I am happy with the speaker's output however I am not convinced with the 'BASS' since it comes with Passive Subwoofer and it is too flat and subtle. Tried playing around with settings but that wasn’t enough.

Need suggestions on improving the bass, I am looking for something which would be deep and heavy unlike the current Subwoofer.

1. so should I try looking out for external subwoofer amplifiers and connect the passive subwoofer with the AV receiver. If it definitely improves the experience, help me with budget friendly ( below 10k ) amplifiers that connects my passive subwoofer and AV receiver.

2. Or should I go with an additional active subwoofer and connect it with the AV receiver. The most commonly heard name was “Yamaha Subwoofer NS-SW050” but couldn’t audition it.

If this would not be a right match, need suggestions for budget friendly ( below 20k ) active subwoofers that could go with the AV receiver through pre out subwoofer.

Last edited:
Recently Purchased Yamaha yt 1840, I am happy with the speaker's output however I am not convinced with the 'BASS' since it comes with Passive Subwoofer and it is too flat and subtle. Tried playing around with settings but that wasn’t enough.

Need suggestions on improving the bass, I am looking for something which would be deep and heavy unlike the current Subwoofer.

1. so should I try looking out for external subwoofer amplifiers and connect the passive subwoofer with the AV receiver. If it definitely improves the experience, help me with budget friendly ( below 10k ) amplifiers that connects my passive subwoofer and AV receiver.

2. Or should I go with an additional active subwoofer and connect it with the AV receiver. The most commonly heard name was “Yamaha Subwoofer NS-SW050” but couldn’t audition it.

If this would not be a right match, need suggestions for budget friendly ( below 20k ) active subwoofers that could go with the AV receiver through pre out subwoofer.
Hi,
I am not sure that if external sub amplifiers will boost your existing sub bass. But, I will recommend you for Yamaha ns sw100. This is vfm subwoofer. I have used it for many years. These provide necessary grunt and oomph for movies and music. I have posted it for sale. If you are interested, please DM.

Was having same problem,solved it in cheap nd easy way,i was having old f and d f6000 purchased in 2012 lying unused.it was having 5.1 analog input option so i just passed lfe signal from reciever to f and d 5.1 sub only input and changed mode to 5.1.voila i just turned it into active sub .its 8 inch subwoofer rattles windows nd shakes floor easily.plus i can control volume nd bass with remote.although its 50 watt output only but damn good in shattering windows

Old f and d f6000 is rarely avalable on olx these days ,old model was very good coz it was transformer based nd too heavy.new model is smps based nd performance not like of old model

Back