Yet another sub-$200 miniature DAC

Another mini DAC, the ifi-Audio iDAC will be available locally soon (somebody I know is bringing the entire iFi range to India), and at a pretty competitive price too. It's among the lowest priced of the ESS Sabre based DACs.

More

Oh, that's good. I just got ifi iCAN. Wondered about buying matching DAC, but decided to stick with my ODAC. Wonder how the prices will compare with my Singapore shopping.

ifi is an offshoot of a UK multi-thousand-pound-component manufacturer. They are saying that they benefit from the high-end parent's technology, but give it at low price.

(I think it won't be below $200, though?)

Thad, I was told the pricing is going to be as close to international prices as possible. They are trying to keep prices at the lowest possible mark.

Do keep us posted Hydra...Have been searching for a good USB DAC for sometime now...maybe the iFi DC with the powersupply would come in the budget...

I am using an Audio GD DAC in this price range and have been very happy with the sound and performance. Very musical sounding and also detailed. Supports USB 32 bit and optical and coax.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Products-EN.htm

This is a Chinese company though, and they ship to India and accept payment through PayPal. My dealing with them was very smooth and hassle free. You will probably have to pay about 50 dollars in shipping but you won't be paying dealer markup etc.

Last edited:
I am using an Audio GD DAC in this price range and have been very happy with the sound and performance. Very musical sounding and also detailed. Supports USB 32 bit and optical and coax.

?????

This is a Chinese company though, and they ship to India and accept payment through PayPal. My dealing with them was very smooth and hassle free. You will probably have to pay about 50 dollars in shipping but you won't be paying dealer markup etc.

Audio-GD products do look very VFM but possibly only God and Kingwa, can make head or tail of the feature variations and pricepoints for the 15+ DACs that they have on offer. Does anyone have an Audi-GD cheatsheet to make head or tail of their DAC range?? :confused:

I have to agree with the comments on the Audio GD website. I scoured the site for several days and was fascinated and frustrated by the innumerable options on offer.
Kingwa's products are spoken of very highly by anyone who has bought them and seem to be incredible value for money but he needs to get someone to rewrite the matter on his website in plain and simple English.

Anybody interested in ordering a Geek Pulse? They are running a promo only for existing backers like myself - 1 more Geek Pulse at USD189 + USD40 shipping (or a balanced Geek Pulse at USD 299 + USD 40 shipping - this is a great deal! Unfortunately, I have no balanced components to take advantage of this).

Happy to help someone on this if they are interested. Total cost will be USD259 (including credit card fees), which is much less than the USD 339 it will cost you as a backer now (USD 299 + USD 40 for shipping). PM if you are interested (do note that this is for the unbalanced version!). Also please note that there are only 3 pieces left

Last edited:
Back