YHT 299 Setup

ankitm

Hi

I just bought a Yamaha YHT-299 Home Theatre System from a fellow FM. Hopefully it should reach me by end of this month. I need help setting up this whole thing as am a Noob to the audio world and this is my very first expensive purchase on speakers or HT.

I have already exceeded my budget to buy this system and hence do not want to purchase anything more until its absolutely necessary.
Hence, I have the following questions in my mind in regards to setting up this HT:

1) Placements of the speakers - Need to know where exactly do I place these for a great surround system. Hence, attaching my room pics.. Yes, I need to buy wall mounts too.. Any suggestions on which wall mounts on tight budget?

2) Will I need to buy any wires? or the ones that come with it will be good?

View attachment 21554

View attachment 21555

View attachment 21556

View attachment 21557

Room Dimensions: 12ft by 14 ft if that matters

Please let me know.

Last edited:
Hi,

Placement depends on what space and furniture is present in the listening area. Typically these speakers are wall mounted or placed at ear listening level to enjoy the surround experience.

The supplied cables are good enough, perhaps later you can change it.

Nothing can go wrong if you read the instructions manual carefully and do the setup.

Even once you install it, it may take some adjustments to refine it further to your expectations...Remember not all of us own or have dedicated HT rooms with specially treated walls and ceilings for sound reflection.

Google images search on 5.1 speaker placement and YouTube videos will give you some idea...

All the best!

Hi

Tono HT 55 are universal stands that support most brands of speakers....check on their website if Yamaha is mentioned.

Hi

Tono HT 55 are universal stands that support most brands of speakers....check on their website if Yamaha is mentioned.

nothing mentioned on yamaha website about compatibility.. n cannot find anywhere too... any help appreciated

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back