You might want to search for a better product, how about a better approach as well ?

humblebee

When we go to buy something, it is natural to search for the best product in our budget. And when we search, we are generally able to find something better.
But there is another way to complement the buying and this way we can end up with a significantly better overall experience.

This is the approach of using a better way of buying.

For example, the general approach is to ask 'I want to build a hi-fi system, please suggest me components within Rs 50,000'.

This way of thinking is an approach and the reason that we use it almost automatically is that this is the way we have been doing it most of the time with most of the products.
Now there is nothing wrong or inferior about this approach, and this is how a vast majority of needs are fulfilled and its a simple approach.

Its just that, when a better approach is available, then why stick to the older method. And a new way of doing somethong that is safe always also brings some enthusiasm into life.

The approach that i am talking about is to ask 'What is the kind of sound that will satisfy me.'

The older approach just addresses our simple desire to buy a better system, now that we want to buy one.
But the newer approach goes deeper and handles not just our desire to buy a better system but also uncovers the finer depths of that desire.

All that is required is some patience and exploration.

For e.g. when coming to hifi sound we are generally coming from using products like sony, philips hifi systems generally available from showrooms.
Or it may be that we are upgrading from a set of speakers attached to our computer.
Or maybe even from a car audio system.

And most of the time we generally like a system that has more clarity. Maybe also better bass.
But now that you enter the world of hifi, you will see changes to the sound that you might not have seen before.
For e.g. the sound might sound a little less 'exciting'. It might not cause that missed heartbeat that you might have expected. It might even seem unexciting.
Especially when stepping up from a simple computer based setup.
But just hold on a minute before dismissing it.
Take your time to feel this thing.
How does it feel when you listen for a longer time like 10 mins?
Most likely it will feel a bit calmer.
And when you realize this fact, it will feel good.
Just a second more ...
This does not mean that you have to forget excitement.
On the other hand, you might discover something more valuable.

Ok you say. I will listen without looking onto this excitement thing. What could possibly be more satisfying?
This time when you go for a demo, take that party song that you listen to.
You might just discover that the same song seems to have a new kind of 'enthusiasm'.
You might even begin to tap your feet.

I bet that will feel very good.

So what did you get? - enthusiasm.
So?
So now you know that you might value enthusiasm of the party song more than its excitement/jump factor.

You just understood what satisfies you better.
And this better understanding of the desire results in better satisfaction which is why we want to buy in the first place.

This is what i meant when i said that the approach of better understanding what satisfies you will result in a significantly better overall experience.

And there are many such pleasant surprises waiting to be discovered.
Only patience and exploration is required.

Take your time in such auditions.
The hifi dealers have better margins than regular dealers. And you are spending higher too. Therefore you can take your time to listen and get the feel.
Half an hour of audition is completely normal.
You might even take a friend or relative who can keep the salesman distracted with his questions while you leave the tensions to him and really try to get the feel there.

And if the showroom or the salesman start to disturb your focus, dont hesitate to go to another showroom.
After all the money is in YOUR pocket.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back