Your Best Audio Purchase of the Year!

It's come down to the last day of the year and just like that 2019 will pass into memory.
Frankly I can't believe how quickly time flies but yes we are onto the New Year in less than 24 hours!

So what has been your best audio purchase/acquisition for 2019?

For me it is a no brainer - the USB cables and Interconnects from FM jls001 (Joshua) has been a home run.
I had started a thread to describe the cables back in June. Everything I said then still holds in December.
Anybody looking for a serious upgrade to their setup should consider talking to Josh.

Another great addition for me has been the Belden 8477 speaker cable.
Very inexpensive given that I use them bare wire - they have been performing really well in my setup.

Looking forward to hearing what you all have to share from your experiences in 2019!

Regards

Hello,
Nice review abt Joshua usb cable.
Am interested to purchase.
How to reach jls001 thru private msgs.
Tks

Upgraded my TT from Rega RP1 to Planar 3. Then went crazy and replaced the Elys 2 cart with the Ania MC cart and bought Rega MC phono to go with it :D
05EEE213-6919-444C-8CC7-156A9021F39E.jpeg
The jump in SQ made it totally worth the excessive spending!
Been spending truck loads on vinyl all year as well

2019 was the year.

I mustered up courage and blindly bought a Sansui D707 on auction site. Lot of things that could go wrong, from buying from sellers who refused to work with foreigners to coordinating with proxy services, generic translations of item descriptions from Japanese to English . Many unknown entities like customs, currency exchange and what not.

It came intact, untouched and above all, mint.

It was my first face off with Sansui's DD/DC amplifiers and it blew me away (Pun intended). Very crisp and accurate yet non fatiguing.

For me it delivers everything the way I had always wanted in my listening. Clarity, presence and power in the same order.

There are lot of things happened in my setup and almost all of them being DIY ;)

1. Sold my Jericho Horns and made Audio Nirvana super plus 8 floor standers in full rangers
2. Sold out my Frugal Horns with Mark Audio Alpair 7p drivers
3. Packed my Sony VFET2 amplifier for preservation :p
4. As I built the Nelson Pass M2x with the Ishikawa input stage boards
5. LDR based volume control with Korg Nutube buffer board
6. Raspberry Pi with a linear PSU
7. Sold out my class AB amplifier Shaan's PeeCeeBee V4
8. Built a LM3875TF chip amplifier kit and unfortunately one of the friends (member) picked up the amplifier ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
2019 saw an overhaul of my rig.
Parasound NC 200Pre (Preamp) + Parasound NC 275v2 (Power-Amp) was a great addition; very affordable.
Lyrita DHT (Preamp) + AKSA55 (Power-amp) was a surprising reveal; thanks @jai1611 for parting with it.
REL T9i was the element that made me realize the importance of bottom octave.

If I were to pick 2 items it would be in this order:
1. REL T9i
2. AKSA55

Happy New Year to HFV members!!
Cheers,
Raghu

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back