ZEBRONICS Zeb-Juke BAR 9500WS or Edifier R1280DB Bookshelf Speakers

jai123

Hello Everyone!

So, after weeks of thinking and consideration, I have narrowed down my selection to these two speakers

71eRAMvY25L._SX569_.jpg
shopping

Context -
-I live in an apartment, not sure how subwoofer will affect my neighbours
-I have recently started earning, I am very stingy with my money and save almost all of it. So expanding my budget beyond 15-16k is impossible even if I save up for next few months I won't like to spend any more than 15k
-Room size - 120sqft (approx)
-I have considered r1700bt not sure if they are worth the extra 3k over R1280DB

Primary Use -
Movies/Anime and Games on 55 Inch TV approx. 6 feet away (Music : 5%-10%)

Concern-
R1280DB - Immersion and room filling sound ?
Zeb -Sound quality and Longevity?

I am willing to sacrifice on sound quality if zebronics provides a more immersive movie watching experience with the surround speakers

If you have other alternatives please do suggest them however kindly refrain from adding extra cost over 15k as even 15k is stretching the limits for me

Thank you for your time! :)

If you are considering zebronics than consider Obage 5.2 latest system also better than competition. It actually comes in 5.1 but separate subwoofer you can purchase & attach to Obage (selling sub around 5000-6000/- ) .

Hello Everyone!

So, after weeks of thinking and consideration, I have narrowed down my selection to these two speakers

71eRAMvY25L._SX569_.jpg
shopping

Context -
-I live in an apartment, not sure how subwoofer will affect my neighbours
-I have recently started earning, I am very stingy with my money and save almost all of it. So expanding my budget beyond 15-16k is impossible even if I save up for next few months I won't like to spend any more than 15k
-Room size - 120sqft (approx)
-I have considered r1700bt not sure if they are worth the extra 3k over R1280DB

Primary Use -
Movies/Anime and Games on 55 Inch TV approx. 6 feet away (Music : 5%-10%)

Concern-
R1280DB - Immersion and room filling sound ?
Zeb -Sound quality and Longevity?

I am willing to sacrifice on sound quality if zebronics provides a more immersive movie watching experience with the surround speakers

If you have other alternatives please do suggest them however kindly refrain from adding extra cost over 15k as even 15k is stretching the limits for me

Thank you for your time! :)
I've tried the 1280db. It provides anything but a room filling sound. The 4 inch woofers provide little to no bass and it's 55hz rating is a joke as it can't produce it at any audible level. I got the 1280dbs a couple of years back (1280dbs which has the sub out) and was shocked at how poor the audio quality was - tinny treble, hollow mid range and no bass to speak of. Even at 10k which is what i got them for, i'd consider them overpriced and their performance is more in the ilk of 3k-5k speakers.

To put things into perspective, if i were to rate my 15 year old Altec Lansing MX5021 (6500 bucks) as 5 stars, the 1280db would get 2. Better to look at the likes of the Hivi D1200.

Insofar as a subwoofer is concerned, i live in a DDA Apartment where I run a 15 inch 400w ported sub and a 15 inch 900w sealed sub, amongst others, at over 100db and which give room shaking bass but I haven't had a noise complaint ever.

Since your use case is mainly movies rather than music, think you would be better served by the soundbar and sub option.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back