Another HT dilemma, need your valuable inputs.

If you can't tell them apart might as well get the cheaper one. Most Indian pricing is much higher than abroad pirces. It is cheaper to import but no warranty I think but not sure. I personally don't like Epson unless I must because of price, I'd recommend the Samsung in this case, from what I've seen and heard it's pretty good for what it does. I'm also a DLP fan, I like my DLP projector more than the 3LCD ones. If I were to buy a projector today I would buy a DLP laser 5000 lumens +.
Yes, even i am partial towards dlps due to the sharpness factor. However, Ls500b beats the Samsung counterpart on 3D (nice to have, Samsung doesn't support), brightness and input lag. While Samsung is sharper, better colors and better builtin sound (till I get the audio setup sorted).

Hoping I get a good deal this month before my friend flies here next month, on one of these two or any third surprise Contender.

Yes, even i am partial towards dlps due to the sharpness factor. However, Ls500b beats the Samsung counterpart on 3D (nice to have, Samsung doesn't support), brightness and input lag. While Samsung is sharper, better colors and better builtin sound (till I get the audio setup sorted).

Hoping I get a good deal this month before my friend flies here next month, on one of these two or any third surprise Contender.

3D is a gimmick, if you have a TV that supports it then try it out and see if you need it. Brightness is a bit subjective, to remember is that what brightness will be achievable with the mode you want to use, especially if you intend to tweak it to taste, also to note is image size where larger images are not as bright. Rated brightness can be misleading, some reviews report on brightness so that might help but in the end you eyes will decide. There is also a BenQ UST.

3D is a gimmick, if you have a TV that supports it then try it out and see if you need it. Brightness is a bit subjective, to remember is that what brightness will be achievable with the mode you want to use, especially if you intend to tweak it to taste, also to note is image size where larger images are not as bright. Rated brightness can be misleading, some reviews report on brightness so that might help but in the end you eyes will decide. There is also a BenQ UST.
Indeed it is a gimmick, but if everything else is same, then I would rather have this gimmick than not. I love watching 3d movies in the theaters, so it is a "good to have".

And since it will be placed in a living room, more brightness should provide better experience while watching sports with friends (without turning off all the lights). This is the major reason (other than to avoid a messy cable situation) that I am even thinking about ultra short throw projectors.

This is so very confusing, lol.

Indeed it is a gimmick, but if everything else is same, then I would rather have this gimmick than not. I love watching 3d movies in the theaters, so it is a "good to have".

And since it will be placed in a living room, more brightness should provide better experience while watching sports with friends (without turning off all the lights). This is the major reason (other than to avoid a messy cable situation) that I am even thinking about ultra short throw projectors.

This is so very confusing, lol.

Don't get too hung up on just brightness for ambient light use, without the right screen it will be useless. There are many front projectors which have a lot more brightness, generally speaking they are the ones with max brightness but as you look for more and more the prices go up. The USTs are generally made for home use, while the brighter ones are commercial ones. If you have the budget then go for these, a 7-8000 lumen projector with a SI BD will look great for use in some ambient light.

It's really not confusing once you see a few projectors and get a basic grasp of what does what. I was looking at this a while ago and instead went with a TV.

Don't get too hung up on just brightness for ambient light use, without the right screen it will be useless. There are many front projectors which have a lot more brightness, generally speaking they are the ones with max brightness but as you look for more and more the prices go up. The USTs are generally made for home use, while the brighter ones are commercial ones. If you have the budget then go for these, a 7-8000 lumen projector with a SI BD will look great for use in some ambient light.

It's really not confusing once you see a few projectors and get a basic grasp of what does what. I was looking at this a while ago and instead went with a TV.
Yeah, not going for anything top of the line for sure, lol. Not running after brightness but it still a point to consider, considering the use case. If everything else remains the same, I will prefer a UST projector to prevent the cabling mess. Similarly, if everything remains the same, I would rather pick the one with 100-300 lumens higher brightness since it will help with dealing with ambient light (for sports where we can compromise a bit on other aspects of the picture quality). These are just small factors that help in finalizing between the worthy models.

Confusion is with the budget and the combinations available.
Cheap long throw plus Avr and 5.1 setup (good audio quality but messy cable setup and space occupying)

Or expensive UST with a soundbar with wireless surrounds (no cable mess, less moving parts and portable but less than ideal audio)

Considering both will have similar image quality.

Update:

So I have decided to go for a 4k projector for now. A full hd projector for 120" screen wouldnt look good at 9-10 feet viewing distance.

Two options i have gotten are
Epson Tw7100 for 114k
Benq Tk700sti for 143k

Are these prices any good? Any better options in this range, considering that's the max I can spend for now.
The price for Epson is good. Do get a quote for the 9400 too and see if you can work your budget around.

The price for Epson is good. Do get a quote for the 9400 too and see if you can work your budget around.
Yes, this did cross my mind as well. If I am willing to spend 2k gbp for Ls500b or LSP9T, might as well look for 9400. As I said, it's all very confusing... Lol.

Yes, this did cross my mind as well. If I am willing to spend 2k gbp for Ls500b or LSP9T, might as well look for 9400. As I said, it's all very confusing... Lol.
If there is too much confusion in your head, then, I'd simplify it thus:
1. Huge room: Need PJ
2. Don't bother with 4K. (not worth the effort or money today)
3. Get a 1080p PJ with pixel shift which does faux 4K.
4. Get an AT screen. (There is a great DIY thread somewhere here.)
5. Screen channel 3.0 within your budget.
6. Sell Yammy sub and upgrade as next step.
7. Living room, so if you have space add surrounds.

wishing you the best, bro.

Yeah, not going for anything top of the line for sure, lol. Not running after brightness but it still a point to consider, considering the use case. If everything else remains the same, I will prefer a UST projector to prevent the cabling mess. Similarly, if everything remains the same, I would rather pick the one with 100-300 lumens higher brightness since it will help with dealing with ambient light (for sports where we can compromise a bit on other aspects of the picture quality). These are just small factors that help in finalizing between the worthy models.

Confusion is with the budget and the combinations available.
Cheap long throw plus Avr and 5.1 setup (good audio quality but messy cable setup and space occupying)

Or expensive UST with a soundbar with wireless surrounds (no cable mess, less moving parts and portable but less than ideal audio)

Considering both will have similar image quality.

7000-8000 lumes is hardly top of the line, more like entry level commercial projectors. The higher ones have 20,000 + lumens if i recall correctly. 100-300 higher rating doesn't mean much, think about the mode and usable brightness. Listing 3000 doesn't mean it's all usable unless you like a heavy tint (usually green in consumer projectors). I think you might be confused because instead of figuring out your end goal, you are focused on options vs budget. Focus on what you want then work from that, be clear about what you will and wont accept. As a small example are you wanting to casually watch movies/tv on the projector or do you wish to seriously watch it, if your casual a soundbar will do, if your serious then you will probably need a better audio system. Is the projector only for friends or will you watch it by yourself, is it only for cricket or something else. You could ask yourself these questions and help narrow what you need.

Where are you getting these two projectors for 2000 pounds? IIRC the regular price on both is much higher. I could be wrong though as it's been a while. If you get the LSP9T for 2000 pounds take it and run. Last I checked this was a 6000$ projector.

7000-8000 lumes is hardly top of the line, more like entry level commercial projectors. The higher ones have 20,000 + lumens if i recall correctly. 100-300 higher rating doesn't mean much, think about the mode and usable brightness. Listing 3000 doesn't mean it's all usable unless you like a heavy tint (usually green in consumer projectors). I think you might be confused because instead of figuring out your end goal, you are focused on options vs budget. Focus on what you want then work from that, be clear about what you will and wont accept. As a small example are you wanting to casually watch movies/tv on the projector or do you wish to seriously watch it, if your casual a soundbar will do, if your serious then you will probably need a better audio system. Is the projector only for friends or will you watch it by yourself, is it only for cricket or something else. You could ask yourself these questions and help narrow what you need.

Where are you getting these two projectors for 2000 pounds? IIRC the regular price on both is much higher. I could be wrong though as it's been a while. If you get the LSP9T for 2000 pounds take it and run. Last I checked this was a 6000$ projector.
There was an offer going on last month on Richer sounds where LSP9T was available for 1999 Gbp. Even now you can get it for around 2.6k GBP. So I am hoping they might offer some good deals this month for Black Friday and all.

If there is too much confusion in your head, then, I'd simplify it thus:
1. Huge room: Need PJ
2. Don't bother with 4K. (not worth the effort or money today)
3. Get a 1080p PJ with pixel shift which does faux 4K.
4. Get an AT screen. (There is a great DIY thread somewhere here.)
5. Screen channel 3.0 within your budget.
6. Sell Yammy sub and upgrade as next step.
7. Living room, so if you have space add surrounds.

wishing you the best, bro.
Yeah, when I said 4k, I meant the pixel shift kind. AT Screen might not be needed coz I don't have any speakers to hide behind it for now. However, will try to look for that thread. Thank you 😊

There was an offer going on last month on Richer sounds where LSP9T was available for 1999 Gbp. Even now you can get it for around 2.6k GBP. So I am hoping they might offer some good deals this month for Black Friday and all.

Couldn't find it on their website, found the LSP7T for 3500 pounds. Link for 2600 pounds for 9T?

So I took another demo to check for RBE and yes, now that I know what it is, I can see it on the Benq projectors. So I guess dlp projectors are out of the equation. So it's either Tw 7100 or Tw9400 unless I get a good deal on any UST projector from UK this month.

So I took another demo to check for RBE and yes, now that I know what it is, I can see it on the Benq projectors. So I guess dlp projectors are out of the equation. So it's either Tw 7100 or Tw9400 unless I get a good deal on any UST projector from UK this month.

If you see RBE you might see it on DLP USTs too, RBE on DLP is eliminated when it is a 3 chip DLP. AFAIK the USTs that are consumer oriented are not. Make sure to check.

So slight change of plans, lol.

It feels like I am not doing justice to the taga 806 package in my 16 x 11 bedroom. So I am thinking of moving them to the living room (with the projector) as suggested by members on this thread and get decent bookshelves for the bedroom instead since I am not going for the soundbar anymore. So here is what it would look like:

Taga harmony 806 package + Yamaha Ns SW300 + denon 1500/2500h (imported from EU) for the living room

2 x Bookshelves + matching center + entry level surrounds + Polk owm3 heights + SVS Pb1000 + Denon 1400h in the bedroom

This would free up some space in my bedroom as well, which I can use to put some on wall stands to keep my tiny collections of action figures.

Any good recommendations for decent budget bookshelves and center?

So slight change of plans, lol.

It feels like I am not doing justice to the taga 806 package in my 16 x 11 bedroom. So I am thinking of moving them to the living room (with the projector) as suggested by members on this thread and get decent bookshelves for the bedroom instead since I am not going for the soundbar anymore. So here is what it would look like:

Taga harmony 806 package + Yamaha Ns SW300 + denon 1500/2500h (imported from EU) for the living room

2 x Bookshelves + matching center + entry level surrounds + Polk owm3 heights + SVS Pb1000 + Denon 1400h in the bedroom

This would free up some space in my bedroom as well, which I can use to put some on wall stands to keep my tiny collections of action figures.

Any good recommendations for decent budget bookshelves and center?
You should use the pb1000 in the biggest room. SW 300 will not be suitable for medium to big sized rooms

You should use the pb1000 in the biggest room. SW 300 will not be suitable for medium to big sized rooms
Yes, I agree. But pb1000 is my precious baby and I don't want to remove it from my bedroom, lol. I might use it in the living room for special occasions, but don't think I am ready to let it go out of my bedroom where I watch content everyday.

Yes, I agree. But pb1000 is my precious baby and I don't want to remove it from my bedroom, lol. I might use it in the living room for special occasions, but don't think I am ready to let it go out of my bedroom where I watch content everyday.
Ok but after getting used to pb1000 in the bedroom set up you may not like the sw300 in the living room. It’s meant to be used in small rooms at moderate volumes. If u crank it up it’s going to chuff and sound muddy

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back