Optoma HD131Xe unboxing and first impressions

Hello friends,

This is my first thread so pls forgive if anything goes wrong here. ;)

Was following the projector section since last 2 months and finally took the plunge and had ordered the Optoma HD131xe from amazon for $769.00 and free global shipping. Import fees deposit was INR-15531.00 ... have to check now if there will any refund on import fees.( if anyone here has an experience in import fee refund, pls help me out). As of now total invoice value is INR-65279.00. Amazon shipped it via Aramex on 11/08 and I got the delivery today i.e. 19/08 :yahoo::yahoo:

Took the delivery at my office and after coming home the first thing was to unbox the PJ and project it on the wall(very light green).

Very happy with out of the box PQ, this is my fist projector so cannot comment on noise, black level etc.. that will come later.
The size of the picture really matters..(Thanks Prosenjit ...for encouraging me)

Posting some pics.

Attachments

• WP_20130819_002.jpg
    WP_20130819_002.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 468
  • WP_20130819_003.jpg
    WP_20130819_003.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 454
  • WP_20130819_005.jpg
    WP_20130819_005.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 456
  • WP_20130819_007.jpg
    WP_20130819_007.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
Congrats ....Out of box pics looks cool . Are the pictures of Blu Ray or DVD ?
What about Screen ? Have you shortlisted any particular brand ?

Hi MZB, Thank you
the pictures are from my himedia media player.... all 1080p ripped content. I don't have a B-ray player. For the screen I think will go with laminate glued to a board then fixed to a metal frame(not final though), but wont go for ready made screens.

was looking at this http://www.greenlam.co.in/solids/solids/designer-white/20-402

Now i have packed the PJ back and will take it out only after I get a UPS... today while testing there was a power cut and my heart was in my mouth.

Congrats Abhijeet
I too made a DIY screen with plywood and matte laminate of good quality.
But they are limited to 4 feet height, which means you cannot have a screen of more than 99" diagonal.
You could think of importing screen material instead.

Congrats sir, but why would you want to watch Aashiqui 2 on this, I can understand if you want to enjoy the audio.

Congrats Abhijeet
I too made a DIY screen with plywood and matte laminate of good quality.
But they are limited to 4 feet height, which means you cannot have a screen of more than 99" diagonal.
You could think of importing screen material instead.

Hello Santy,
you are right about the size.. but as per my current requirement this will be sufficient. Temporarily relocated and didnt want to get a second TV so went for the projector. will use mostly for movies and watching sports sometimes.

Few observations for the HD131xe

Pros
1) very less light leakage
2) practically no fan noise in eco mode
3) did not notice any RBE

Cons
1) No lens cap:sad: ( can i get some in the market that will fit)
2) backlit remote very bright not as per my taste
3) no carry case (projector is quiet compact)

<<<<Can someone help me how to follow up for the duty return if any.>>>

congrats guru..
life is good seeing evrything in xtra large sizes:D

i am hounoured u mentioned my name..

now you will feel..a pj is full paisa wassool investment
colurs look fantastically natural..no oversaturation..that too on a non white wall..great..

btw be careful about getting only sine wave ups..

Few observations for the HD131xe
<<<<Can someone help me how to follow up for the duty return if any.>>>

You do not need to do anything from your side and if there was any less duty charges then Amazon will automatically refund back to your CC and you will be intimated. This might take from 2 to 4 weeks time.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back