Optoma HD131Xe unboxing and first impressions

congrats abhijeet..It looks awesome.. But waiting for the pics with projected on a screen.

And according to amazon the import duty, if not used, will be credited back within 60 days of shipping.

Also look for some camera lens cap also. It may fit the projector.
So enjoyy..

congrats abhijeet..It looks awesome.. But waiting for the pics with projected on a screen.

And according to amazon the import duty, if not used, will be credited back within 60 days of shipping.

Also look for some camera lens cap also. It may fit the projector.
So enjoyy..

Sure will share the pics, but it will take some time.

Congrats Abhishek, looks fabulous, I too am looking for HD projectors in India, I understand it might take time for you to post in-depth review etc, can you also please comment on the audio/video connections and what are you planning for the screen.

Congrats. You are roughly getting 95" diagonal with the projected image size as per your measurement. "No lens cap" is a bummer. Carry case is usually not there with such projectors which are meant to be mounted.

Facing some problem with the mount. Had bought a universal munt but sadly it didnt fit the optoma. Have to get of those with a triangular plate...
Someone pls help me here with mounts for optoma.

Can I get this type of mounts in India?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!oQFD+ljEpiJBRCEkbFqog~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!oQFD+ljEpiJBRCEkbFqog~~60_57.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 41G-M51dEwL.jpg
    41G-M51dEwL.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 188
  • $T2eC16h,!)QE9s3HG-1iBSElV+MLrQ~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16h,!)QE9s3HG-1iBSElV+MLrQ~~60_57.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Hi My names Greg I'm new here and I'm also interested in the Benq Optoma and Epson PJs this will be my first projector . I'm looking to stay under $1200.00 but I also would like a PJ with good lag time for gaming, 3D and good pic quality with a little lights on in the room. I've already purchased a 110" Elite fixed screen now I just need a PJ. The lights will not be on within 10 feet of screen .anyway just wanted to make my first post.

Facing some problem with the mount. Had bought a universal munt but sadly it didnt fit the optoma. Have to get of those with a triangular plate...
Someone pls help me here with mounts for optoma.

Can I get this type of mounts in India?

How abt putting holes to the existing mount at required positions?
Just a thought.

Siva

Hi My names Greg I'm new here and I'm also interested in the Benq Optoma and Epson PJs this will be my first projector . I'm looking to stay under $1200.00 but I also would like a PJ with good lag time for gaming, 3D and good pic quality with a little lights on in the room. I've already purchased a 110" Elite fixed screen now I just need a PJ. The lights will not be on within 10 feet of screen .anyway just wanted to make my first post.

Hi Greg,

Welcome to HFV!!

A new thread would help you to get fellow memebrs to have a look on your requirements and suggest.

Siva

Hello abhijeeth !
Welcome to the world of big screen entertainment, Congrats for your purchase and enjoy HT experiance.

Thank you,
Murali.

Some more pics
Hi, kindly let me know your throw distance. I was planning for this Projector. But considering my throw distance (11-13 ft), its 2500 ANSI Lumen and ProjectorCentral's recommendation it seemed to be very bright. Presently I am considering Optoma HD25 having 2000 ANSI Lumen. Kindly advise.

Hi, kindly let me know your throw distance. I was planning for this Projector. But considering my throw distance (11-13 ft), its 2500 ANSI Lumen and ProjectorCentral's recommendation it seemed to be very bright. Presently I am considering Optoma HD25 having 2000 ANSI Lumen. Kindly advise.

I though we could always use brightness / contrast controls.

It sounds like; "if you are going to drive @ not more than 80 kmph do not buy a car that does 160 kmph."
But I am not sure, there could be a technical explanation.
Can you post the link to that page which says its too bright for the distance?

Dont go by the lumen/contrast specs, they are hyped as far as I can see. Said that I am happy with my PJ... watching from a distance of 10ft and still projecting on a wall. See if you can have a demo and also checkout the LCD ones from epson too.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back