$1,495.00 USD For PC Media Player!

moserw

Seems the audiophile bug has bitten the PC users too. I nearly fell off my chair for this media player costing $1,495.00 USD which again requires $8,000.00 USD h/w to work.

It does not do upsampling and no FLAC either and is compared to of all things iTunes.

See at Amarra Computer Music Player.

Also a mini version is available for $395.00 USD.

Supra my brother don't!!! Our brother Manu might really end up buying it, never mind that cPlay kicks its ass all over.

moser bhai like he said in one of his posts - he can afford such stuff easily - luckily ordinary mortals like us can't so we make do with xonar and CPlay:p

BTW very ordinary HW for such high priced stuff - no wonder the Hi-fi world is full of such rip-off stuff

moser bhai like he said in one of his posts - he can afford such stuff easily - luckily ordinary mortals like us can't so we make do with xonar and CPlay:p

BTW very ordinary HW for such high priced stuff - no wonder the Hi-fi world is full of such rip-off stuff

I could not believe the expenses myself and that too for such pathetic h/w. Nearly fell off my chair. As media players go iTunes is pretty bad and yet they are comparing with iTunes. Really crazy!

I could not believe the expenses myself and that too for such pathetic h/w. Nearly fell off my chair. As media players go iTunes is pretty bad and yet they are comparing with iTunes. Really crazy!

oh man then there are people who swear by the SQ of ipods and nokia n73 and management of itunes and windows media player - well somehow we have ourselves to blame. Like they say lack of knowledge about a particular law is not ground enough not to be held guilt - we as consumers should be blamed for such idol worship of brands such as sony, honda - which give them the leeway to launch cheaper products at sell them at a premium in India and dump cheap cars as luxury cars ;)

Anyway if you see the latest posts by Mr. Punjab about some million dollar system - you will understand - man he has no idea how room acoustics play an important role in getting that perfect sound - no wonder he wants thump and earth shattering window juddering bass:clapping:

guys, he's reading this, why are we doing this?

And also, that million buck system, a lot of the emphasis seemed to be on the room itself, the computer modelling and materials and all, they talked a lot about the room, so they do seem to know what they're talking about.

Anyway if you see the latest posts by Mr. Punjab about some million dollar system - you will understand - man he has no idea how room acoustics play an important role in getting that perfect sound - no wonder he wants thump and earth shattering window juddering bass:clapping:

oh man then there are people who swear by the SQ of ipods and nokia n73 and management of itunes and windows media player - well somehow we have ourselves to blame. Like they say lack of knowledge about a particular law is not ground enough not to be held guilt - we as consumers should be blamed for such idol worship of brands such as sony, honda - which give them the leeway to launch cheaper products at sell them at a premium in India and dump cheap cars as luxury cars ;)

Not my place to say, Suprateep. But I just wonder at this animosity against Manu. Not too long back I knew precious little about Hifi and even today I dont think I know even half of what I should know having spent a good chunk of money on my present system:).

I am sure you, with your experience and knowledge can help members gain requisite knowledge.

Relax guys, please don't fight among ourselves.

My personal quest is to have the best player for listening to music.

thevortex has in fact been helping me on this doing lots of research along with me trying out so many players and so many different settings.

Till now though both of us have not found anything better than cPlay after which thevortex prefers Foobar and I prefer XMPlay for its ease of use.

If anyone comes across anything better then please do let us know.

BTW I forgot to mention a player from Japan "Lilith", it sounds great, but all controls are in Japanese...

i meant no harm guys and I have my rights to pull some ones leg where that someone can irritate people (quite a few actually who pmed me) with their irrelevant posts.

Whatever i know is mostly due to forums such as these and a few dealer friends of mine and gurus like venkat, moser, cranky and all the rest - but when people start posting irrelevant pots everyday and new thread which could be included in older ones easily and the mods take no action on such happenings - honestly it pisses me off. This inspite of venkat and the few others including myself who have notified manu of his shortcomings and inability to adhere to forum rules.

Anyway I apologize for my conduct on this thread and in the future stay clear of such controversies. :indifferent14:

i meant no harm guys and I have my rights to pull some ones leg where that someone can irritate people (quite a few actually who pmed me) with their irrelevant posts.

Whatever i know is mostly due to forums such as these and a few dealer friends of mine and gurus like venkat, moser, cranky and all the rest - but when people start posting irrelevant pots everyday and new thread which could be included in older ones easily and the mods take no action on such happenings - honestly it pisses me off. This inspite of venkat and the few others including myself who have notified manu of his shortcomings and inability to adhere to forum rules.

Anyway I apologize for my conduct on this thread and in the future stay clear of such controversies. :indifferent14:

+1 to this. Manu bhai has already been instructed to use the music thread which goes "Right now I am listening to ..." and yet he insists on starting a new thread such as "blue man group .." just to post videos. Now guys I wonder how many will like it here if I post a new entry for every single album I listen to (which is like 10 or more a day) or for every new movie I watch (which is like 7-10 moves a week). Rules are meant for everyone no exceptions whatsoever. Yet our brother does not believe in using Google or Wikipedia or even searching through old threads on this very forum. There is a new thread for

1. blue man group ..
2. bannana plugs.
3. ultimate..
4. toe-in or toe -out?
5. just a silly question?
6. marantz pre/pro.
7. floorstander for surrounds.
8. Best gaming console
9. speakers grills?
10. add some changes in ht.
11. martin logans.
12. which companies make neutral speakers.
13. kef speakers.
14. bipole and dipole.
15. what is clean power?
16. emotiva amplifiers???
17. polk rti.
18. stabs for main metre?
19. please teach me.
20. why people using high power amps?
21. can i mix different speakers.
22. please advise.
23. optical cable?
24. ps3 and onkyo 606.
25. onkyo 606 arrived but ?
26. i'm waiting for 9?
27. i just finished heavenly sword?
28. mj rock my world.
29. i'm eagerly waiting for ff 13 and god of war3?

Well the list goes on but I'm too tired to go through anymore.

Now I agree this is a forum and we are all here to learn, but this is not Google or Wikipedia. Some minimum courtesy is required to make all efforts to search and then post a question here instead of making this your question and answer bank. Or else everyone will go the way of Venkat sir and just decrease their presence here and then who will answer Manu's questions?

I know people will say just avoid/ignore looking at his posts but then if all agree to this then I will certainly like to make a new post for every album I listen to, all can agree to that too right? No way! And similarly its not possible for all to ignore Manu's mountain of mundane posts...

hey moser and supra, I completely sympathise with you guys for the frustration you face when you see the number of unneccesary new threads started by our friend (and i share that frustration), and I think it's fit and appropriate that you must raise this matter whenever necessary, to manu, to the moderators, and anyone else.

I just thought it was perhaps not a useful (or kind) thing to poke fun at him or his preferences and that might not exactly achieve the objective that you might have with regard to curbing his urge to make new threads.

I don't mean any offence by this post, and I sincerely hope that none will be taken. Just an attempt to keep things peaceful.

to see the positive side of it, he is at least not hijacking others threads :eek:hyeah: - which I think I have done unintentionally a couple of times :cool:

regards

+1 to this. Manu bhai has already been instructed to use the music thread which goes "Right now I am listening to ..." and yet he insists on starting a new thread such as "blue man group .." just to post videos. Now guys I wonder how many will like it here if I post a new entry for every single album I listen to (which is like 10 or more a day) or for every new movie I watch (which is like 7-10 moves a week). Rules are meant for everyone no exceptions whatsoever. Yet our brother does not believe in using Google or Wikipedia or even searching through old threads on this very forum. There is a new thread for

1. blue man group ..
2. bannana plugs.
3. ultimate..
4. toe-in or toe -out?
5. just a silly question?
6. marantz pre/pro.
7. floorstander for surrounds.
8. Best gaming console
9. speakers grills?
10. add some changes in ht.
11. martin logans.
12. which companies make neutral speakers.
13. kef speakers.
14. bipole and dipole.
15. what is clean power?
16. emotiva amplifiers???
17. polk rti.
18. stabs for main metre?
19. please teach me.
20. why people using high power amps?
21. can i mix different speakers.
22. please advise.
23. optical cable?
24. ps3 and onkyo 606.
25. onkyo 606 arrived but ?
26. i'm waiting for 9?
27. i just finished heavenly sword?
28. mj rock my world.
29. i'm eagerly waiting for ff 13 and god of war3?

Well the list goes on but I'm too tired to go through anymore.

Now I agree this is a forum and we are all here to learn, but this is not Google or Wikipedia. Some minimum courtesy is required to make all efforts to search and then post a question here instead of making this your question and answer bank. Or else everyone will go the way of Venkat sir and just decrease their presence here and then who will answer Manu's questions?

I know people will say just avoid/ignore looking at his posts but then if all agree to this then I will certainly like to make a new post for every album I listen to, all can agree to that too right? No way! And similarly its not possible for all to ignore Manu's mountain of mundane posts...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back