10 Risks to know before entering this forum!

saw this just now, i've had a rather disappointing experience with team-bhp, maybe I was at fault but could not figure out why.

one when on the highway, my car's headlamps failed in the middle of the night. we somehow bypassed the circuitry and reached home on 1 headlamp. when i casually posted the query on how to fix the relays, on team-bhp, then blocked my question saying this issue was discussed several times before on the forum. of course, i went to another website, got my answers and fixed the headlamp relay system, but felt the moderators out there were pretty aggressive. after all, they are like an exclusive community and i, being a newbie auto DIYer, did not quite feel welcome there. anyways, hfv is there for all of us, after all.

Well, you will definitely not have that problem on hfv. Trust me.
Newcomers here post the same age old questions. But Seniors here are kind enough to answer them in the same spirit again and again.
Everybody here try to offer a solution to any problem to the best of their knowledge.
Tempers may run high sometimes. But somebody not related to thread too quickly jumps in to doze the flames.
I am sure you will be at home on hfv.:thumbup:

.....moderators out there were pretty aggressive. after all, they are like an exclusive community and i, being a newbie auto DIYer, did not quite feel welcome there. anyways, hfv is there for all of us, after all.

u really think so ??? exclusive.... they are puny in auto world.. just growing...
loads of members and dumb mods..

Well team-bhp is not puny they become very big and this website comes under top 5000 websites in the world in ranking. There is always trade-off between quality and quantity. Someone has to draw the line. It is their moderation practice and they are quite successful maintaining quality with this approach. Almost all Indian brands request them for review and sometimes international brands as well.

Toon bhp members: 80,879
Hifivision members : 43,077

When we compare the number of people interested in cars and bikes with the no. of people who atleast understand hifi in this country, IMO hifivision is relatively much much bigger in member size. However more members over there are active and the owners are more serious in its promotion. Traffic is higher with them for the above reasons.

Good Moderation... Seriously??? You type three dots or three Qs like I did and you will be shoved from behind. They have banned many good members and issued infractions to senior members for silly reasons. Ridiculously high handed. Not to mention about the essay writing competition to join the forum.

And about reviews, how are you so sure the car manufacturers requested them and not the other way round? :D

Well team-bhp is not puny they become very big and this website comes under top 5000 websites in the world in ranking. There is always trade-off between quality and quantity. Someone has to draw the line. It is their moderation practice and they are quite successful maintaining quality with this approach. Almost all Indian brands request them for review and sometimes international brands as well.

modding a care with stage 3 kits and discussing whats already there on internet over and again... etc etc.. i agree few folks are knowledgeable but a lot of crap too... and yeah the attitude... if you check global websites like adv rider etc.. you'd know what i meant by puny.. numbers also do not state the truth

Toon bhp members: 80,879
Hifivision members : 43,077

When we compare the number of people interested in cars and bikes with the no. of people who atleast understand hifi in this country, IMO hifivision is relatively much much bigger in member size. However more members over there are active and the owners are more serious in its promotion. Traffic is higher with them for the above reasons.

Good Moderation... Seriously??? You type three dots or three Qs like I did and you will be shoved from behind. They have banned many good members and issued infractions to senior members for silly reasons. Ridiculously high handed. Not to mention about the essay writing competition to join the forum.

And about reviews, how are you so sure the car manufacturers requested them and not the other way round? :D

i love this one " Not to mention about the essay writing competition to join the forum "

Not to mention about the essay writing competition to join the forum.

+1 That is very silly. I succumbed to it and wrote what ever they wanted. I still did not get approved :(

I am like.. really?

I must say that it is blessing in disguise.. I did not do any mods to my car (I planned some) and just did basic tyre size, HID upgrade etc with a nice audio system..that's all.. Otherwise, I would have blown a lot more money on suspension and engine tuning which on hindsight feels silly to go from 118 HP to may be 130HP but only to drive at less that 30KmpH max in our lively congested city ;)

modding a care with stage 3 kits and discussing whats already there on internet over and again... etc etc.. i agree few folks are knowledgeable but a lot of crap too... and yeah the attitude... if you check global websites like adv rider etc.. you'd know what i meant by puny.. numbers also do not state the truth

i love this one " Not to mention about the essay writing competition to join the forum "

SERIOUSLY !
no joking !!
Do I need to purchase few composition note books and start practicing !!!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back