11.2 channel?

parambir

Was browsing at specs of Yamaha A3060. It is sold as 9.2 but supports 11.2. The specs say 11.2-channel processing (up to 7.2.4-ch expandability with external 2-ch amplifier) through additional channel. Can someone throw some light on this? Does it mean that for the balance 2 channels I need a separate amplifier? How do the connections work in this case? There are two ports for rear presence and two for front presence. Does one need to connect a separate amplifier on these?

Does it mean that for the balance 2 channels I need a separate amplifier?
Yes.
How do the connections work in this case?
Two pre-outs from the A3060 go into the inputs of a stereo amp.
There are two ports for rear presence and two for front presence. Does one need to connect a separate amplifier on these?
That would be 4 channels of external amplification. You just said that it needs only 2 channels of external amplification.

The amp has 9 built-in amps. You can connect 11 speakers but
the surround back and rear presence speakers do not produce sound simultaneously, depending upon input signal and DSP

As I see it, if you want to use all 11 simultaneously you will need one power amp for two channels as per page 31 of the manual.
This might help.

Onkyo TX NR 3030 has 11.2 what's ur room size. These are monster amps .Require good room space to use it to its good performance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the inputs. I am kinda used to Yamaha (you may call old school). Not really sure of Onkyo and Anthem. Can some soul do a quick comparison for me?

Thanks for the inputs. I am kinda used to Yamaha (you may call old school). Not really sure of Onkyo and Anthem. Can some soul do a quick comparison for me?

If budget is not constraint, then look for top models from Denon, Marantz, Pioneer LX series..

If you have a limitation on the budget, update here and you would get some suggestions on alternate models that you can consider..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back