12au7 tubes

sidvee

I have tried the black diamond new issue. It is a very quiet tube and is extremely clean sounding. It has no romance or mid range bloom.
If you want a lean and clean sound that extends top to bottom then it may work. I personally found it too sterile sounding. It completely lacks the magic that the nos telefunkens have. Never tried the new mullards. Out of the new tubes Psvane is probably the best balanced. I have a small collection of single NOS 12au7 tubes if you are interested. Mazda, Brimar, Telefunken, Amperex (2 rare ones).

I have tried the black diamond new issue. It is a very quiet tube and is extremely clean sounding. It has no romance or mid range bloom.
If you want a lean and clean sound that extends top to bottom then it may work. I personally found it too sterile sounding. It completely lacks the magic that the nos telefunkens have. Never tried the new mullards. Out of the new tubes Psvane is probably the best balanced. I have a small collection of single NOS 12au7 tubes if you are interested. Mazda, Brimar, Telefunken, Amperex (2 rare ones).
Thanks Audiopro. I would need a matched pair set.
Cheers,
Sid

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back