12V DC on board power source for audio htpc

I think its just the small form factor for which they are using the external supply.

What type of audio use do you want from this mobo

--Vinay Arora

The Intel Atoms are not meant for HTPC use. The video capabilities are very poor, and Intel kitted the board with very basic power circuitry, even the original one.

Theoretically, any radiated EMI into the power line is absorbed by the voltage regulators on the soundcard in the PCI slot, or is otherwise inaudible. Practically, the lower the number of switching supplies, the healthier the environment of the soundcard and the better its performance.

That said, why would you want a HTPC with space for only one hard drive? I find even three 1TB disks are falling a bit short these days.

Thank you. I was tempted by a totally fanless system for pure Audio usage with a PCI Xonar D2 card. I have decided against it for now.

Regards

I think its just the small form factor for which they are using the external supply.

What type of audio use do you want from this mobo

--Vinay Arora

Purest lossless FLAC hi-end Audio with a Xonar D2 :)

I skipped the plan because its not sub 4K in price. For the computing power it provides, its not worth its price tag and considering I already have a 45W TDP cpu on a 18W TDP mobo. I just need to find and spend on a silent Fan on my existing setup I guess.

Regards

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back