1Lac HT Setup

iajay

Hi All,

I am new to the forum
I wanted to set up a new ht in my house.

1)room size (approx):- 16ftx12ft
2)TV - 55inch LG
4)It is not a dedicated room.i want to set up in the living room.
5)Looking to setup 5.1system.
6)Budget:-around 1lakh for total setup including avr
7)I am NOT looking for floor standing speakers in the fronts. I prefer book shelf
8)im looking for good crystal and detailed sound rather than loudness.
9)my requirement is for movie experience (movies 95% and music 5%)

I am considering the following AVRs
Yamaha RX-V 683
Denon AVR-X1400H
AVR-X2400H

So the cost could be around 45 to 55K
So I need a good speaker package in the remaining 45 to 55K

I stay in Nashik., so there is NO chance of audition

Please let me know if you guys need any further details

Regards

I stay in Nashik., so there is NO chance of audition

Best to buy online hifimart / ebay.in.. Works better, mostly cheaper than offline stores..

I am considering the following AVRs
Yamaha RX-V 683
Denon AVR-X1400H
AVR-X2400H

Pick the Denon x 1400 if you don't want 2nd HDMI output on x2400 and few Analogue ports..

Also consider Pioneer VSX 923 & Yamaha RX V 583.. All these 5.1.2 AVR which are Atmos capable..

So the cost could be around 45 to 55K
So I need a good speaker package in the remaining 45 to 55K

I would suggest you to freeze on the AVR, that would allow you to consider speakers for the remaining budget.. IMO, you can complete 5.1.2 Atmos set-up in your remaining budget with an active 10inch subwoofer for abt roughly 50K if you choose speakers from Taga harmony TAV series..

Thanks for the reply.... Elac Cinema 5 have satellite speakers.. I prefer book shelf
Any other suggestions?

I went to some dealers after posting the query and got some quotations

1) Denon AVR 1400 (44K) + Elac Cinema 10 (61K) - Satellite speakers
2) Denon AVR 1400 (44K) + ELAC B6 (2 pairs) (51K) + ELAC C5(16.5K) + ELAC SubS10 (24K) - Went over budget so the dealer suggested replacing 2 surround speakers with satellite speakers from Elac Cimena 10, yet it was over budget by 35K
3)Denon AVR 1400 (44K) + Definitive Technology Procinema 400 system four promonitor 400's, one procenter 400 and one produb 400 (58.5K) - never heard of these speakers

4)Denon AVR 1400 + Polk Audio OWM3 (1 pair) + Polk Audio OWM5 (1 pair) + Polk Audio PSW110 I dont remember the center speaker.. may be owm3 or owm5 - total cost 1.1Lakh

What are your views about the various speaker packages?

regards

Best to buy online hifimart / ebay.in.. Works better, mostly cheaper than offline stores..

Pick the Denon x 1400 if you don't want 2nd HDMI output on x2400 and few Analogue ports..

Also consider Pioneer VSX 923 & Yamaha RX V 583.. All these 5.1.2 AVR which are Atmos capable..

I would suggest you to freeze on the AVR, that would allow you to consider speakers for the remaining budget.. IMO, you can complete 5.1.2 Atmos set-up in your remaining budget with an active 10inch subwoofer for abt roughly 50K if you choose speakers from Taga harmony TAV series..
i know it is typo error.
It is VSX 932 :)

Thanks for the reply. Is it safe to purchase from ebay or hifimart? I saw some good deals on http://avenuesound.in
Most probably I have finalised denon 1400, not considering yamaha 583 as it does not support different source for 2nd zone..
So that leaves me with around 60K for the speakers. Which Taga harmony TAV series speakers do you prefer. As suggested earlier I dont want floor standing speakers

I am also considering Pioneer SP-PK22-BS 5.1 Bookshelf Speaker Package (Pioneer SP-BS22 - 4, Pioneer S-51W 150W Active Subwoofer - 1, Pioneer SP-C22 center) . This is from avenuesound.in
Regards

Other speaker packages I considered
Energy Take Classic 5.1 Speaker Package
WHARFEDALE DX-1SE
Polk Audio TL1600 Speaker System

Here are photos of the room
2 photos from the 2 sides and one I took with my back to the TV

Attachments

• 20180315_173036_HDR.jpg
    20180315_173036_HDR.jpg
    668.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 20180315_173020_HDR.jpg
    20180315_173020_HDR.jpg
    707.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20180315_173011_HDR.jpg
    20180315_173011_HDR.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 68
i know it is typo error.
It is VSX 932 :)

Ahh..Yes.. Missed it..:)

Is it safe to purchase from ebay or hifimart?

Hifimart is a safe place to buy.. With ebay.in, you have seller rating, so you can use your discretion for that..

I have bought many items from hifimart as well as ebay.in over the years without any hassles..

I saw some good deals on http://avenuesound.in

I think this is also fine.. Though i haven't bought anything from them yet, you can consider other FM feedback on this store..

Skip those boxed 5.1 packages, subwoofer is mostly compromised.. In your healthy budget, you can look at separates..

4)Denon AVR 1400 + Polk Audio OWM3 (1 pair) + Polk Audio OWM5 (1 pair) + Polk Audio PSW110 I dont remember the center speaker.. may be owm3 or owm5 - total cost 1.1Lakh

This is also an other good option.. If you can get all 5/7 speakers of OWM3/5, would be even better.. But it might shoot your budget.. and you will end up with 5.1 set-up only..

So that leaves me with around 60K for the speakers. Which Taga harmony TAV series speakers do you prefer. As suggested earlier I dont want floor standing speakers

I would suggest 3 pairs x of TAV 806S (7K for a pair on hifimart).. One pair for fronts, one pair for surrounds & one more for heights (Atmos / Dts x).. For center Taga 806c (6.5K).. So for <=30K, you get 7 speakers.. check with hifimart.com on aval..

In your remaining budget of 30K, you can consider Taga 12 inch subwoofer for abt 23K.. TSW 200.. If you can afford stretch an other 15K, get an other identical subwoofer effectively making your set-up 5.2.2, which will give you more satisfying movie experience..

Thanks for the reply
For the time being I only want 5.1
What are your views about
1) ELAC B6 (2 pairs) (51K) + ELAC C5(16.5K) + ELAC SubS10 (24K)
2) Pioneer SP-BS22 - 2 pairs (for front and sorround), Pioneer S-51W 150W Active Subwoofer, Pioneer SP-C22 center. Are these speakers relevant and good now also. I saw lot of food reviews couple of years back.
3) Regarding the Polk Audio, the dealer is going to provide OWM5 for front left, right and center, OWM3 for surround and Polk Audio PSW110

Any other recommendation for separates considering 5.1 and budget of 60-70K

Regards and sorry for asking too many questions

Option 1 looks reasonable.
Would suggest 1 alteration though. Instead of going for 2 pairs of b6, u can use owm3 as surround and save some money here. The saved money (~14k) can be invested in getting a better subwoofer like bic pl200 or emotiva basx12. Imho, this will be more value for money as compared to other options.
If 70k is the hard stop, then get taga subs within 25k.

Is it alright to use different company speakers for surrounds,,, different subs... I read somewhere that using same company is preferable
The dealer suggested Elac Cinema 10 satellite speakers for surround instead of ELAC B6
Is ELAC SubS10 not good at 24K
Any view about Pioneer Andrew Jones speakers (SP-BS22 - 2 pairs (for front and sorround), Pioneer S-51W 150W Active Subwoofer, Pioneer SP-C22 center)

Thanks for the reply
For the time being I only want 5.1
What are your views about
1) ELAC B6 (2 pairs) (51K) + ELAC C5(16.5K) + ELAC SubS10 (24K)
2) Pioneer SP-BS22

If you are leaning towards ELAC (or) Pioneer & getting a good deal with them, you should consider getting one.. If you can squeeze a 5.1 set-up with in your aval budget, then fine..

Consider getting bookshelf speakers with wall mount options.. Think Pioneer BS22 doesn't have.. You may need to get stands.. additional cost..

Is it alright to use different company speakers for surrounds,,, different subs... I read somewhere that using same company is preferable

Yes.. they can be different.. But atleast the front left, center & right should be from same brand & family..Rest can be different..

Pioneer BS22 are not available locally :( But if they dont provide wall mount options then I can think of something else..
What about OWM5 (LR ), OWM5 Center Speaker, OWM3 (surround) , Polk Audio PSW110 (sub) .. is this good combination?
Any other option? I was checking htstore and to be very frank I am overwhelmed by the number of options available
There are so many brands and then so many series in each brand :(

What about OWM5 (LR ), OWM5 Center Speaker, OWM3 (surround) , Polk Audio PSW110 (sub) .. is this good combination?

Yes.. Even better if you can get all 5 speakers of OWM5.. These have wall mount options and easy to tilt with brackets.. So yes.. def advantage over others..

Any other option? I was checking htstore and to be very frank I am overwhelmed by the number of options available
There are so many brands and then so many series in each brand :(

There are plenty aval for every budget.. You just need to be narrow down models from your choices & pick the best brand offer of your liking..

is OWM5 good for center speaker?
Also is OWM series good for movie watching. I have not heard much about this series..
Again sorry for asking too many questions..

is OWM5 good for center speaker?
Also is OWM series good for movie watching. I have not heard much about this series..

Yes.. They would be good as any other speaker.. Since the speakers are very efficient (91db), they will demand less power from AVR..

If you are interested in Polk speakers , then consider RTiA 3/1/CSiA4/DSW 550i. RTiA can be easily wall mounted and certainly better than OEM 3/5. Polk speakers work very well with Denon AVR. Now your budget may shoot by few thousand rupees . Audition first and ask for discount of 12 to 15℅.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back